.....a lovely teal, a rich rust and a neutral gray. What we love about this challenge is that all of these colors can be found in our Flourishes Color Made Easy Collections. Emerald Coast, Terra Cotta and either Cool Neutrals or Tonal Neutrals, isn't that great?
Now, on to my card! I decided to keep my hues of this color combo just a little more vibrant. You can see that I did use the teal from the Emerald Coast Collection as a slight mat and my card base is the medium shade of the Cool Neutrals paper collection.
As you can see, I started by using the Silhouette Cut File for Old Tea Rose. After my image was cut, I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and then picked up my Copic markers and started coloring! (See supply list below for a peek at what colors I used!) I knew I wanted to keep the layout a bit "different" so I just went to my paper cutter and started cutting angles. I moved over and added some paper piercing. and then let the layering begin. I added the sentiment, a button with twine and that was pretty much it for the front. Here's a close up....
And on the inside, I added a strip of grey decorative paper and then added the rose and some ink splatter on the inside. It's funny, my teammate Heather Jensen made a BEAUTIFUL creation (she can't show you yet) with some mixed media techniques and I asked her -- how do you get that fun ink splatter. I was nervous to even try. Well, she shared and I took the leap and tried it! I kind of dig the effect. Might need to try this more!
And that, my friends, is it! Now you'll have to hop on over for some lovely inspiration using these colors! Here's what the design team has to show off....
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
- Simply create a card using these colors in the graphic above
- Entries need to be in by Friday August 16th at 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit HERE to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCAUG13
- Winners will be announced on Saturday August 17th over on the Flourishes Blog!