Friday, March 29, 2019

Happy Friday!


Hello sweet stamping friends! Hope your week is ending on a creative high note!  Earlier this week, yours truly ushered in a brand new Creative Confetti Challenge that involved color and being challenged to maybe get out of our creative comfort zone. Check it out! 



HOW TO PLAY: The mission is as simple as the graphic above! What's your birth month? Were you born in March? Then 3 is your number! And, using the color wheel below, find your corresponding color and then use it to make a big colorific splash on your card or creation! Just that simple!

ON TO MY CREATION! 

Since November is my birth month, I found 11 on the wheel and realized my color is that deep grass green. FUN! I don't often create with this color so this one was a bit of a challenge! I thought long and hard about making a monochromatic card but then I spotted an image that was half colored that would be a perfect fit for this challenge. Take a peek at what I did with Power Poppy's Heart Abloom digital stamp set! 


I think I literally used every single Copic marker I own to color up this incredible bouquet! I spent a ton of time on Google, looking at flower photos to try to get just the right effect. Those kinds of color fests are always the most fun, don't you think? After I was done coloring, I fussy cut my image just to make it POP on my card. And, of course, I reached for the dark green to serve as my color anchor for the challenge! I was lucky that there was the possibility of so much green in my colored up image that this seemed to work beautifully! 

Here's a close up for you! You can see that I kept my card layout rather simple just because I had so much going on with my main image. I just sanded down some white core embossed paper, added some fun yellow decorative paper, a scalloped die cut frame and that's about it!


If you want to check out this week's challenge, just click HERE and know there's a new one right around the corner, coming your way on Tuesday!  It's a new month, so there will not only be a new challenge but the winner from March will be announced as well for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! You still have 3 days to get in on the fun for March! What are you waiting for? Let's see what you've got! ;-)

Before I let you go, you should click HERE to check out the Power Poppy blog! Marcy has another one of her savvy little Weekend Stamp Steals going on and you could get your hands on some truly gorgeous images.... for a steal! Click on over to see what I mean!



Since it's Friday, that means that some of the Bloomies are on hand to share some of what they've been working on this week! Get ready to be wowed! 


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Stacy Morgan
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!


Loved seeing you here today! One more little note! Power Poppy will also have some fun tomorrow with a ..... 





That's right! The Instant Gardeners will be in the Power Poppy house with a BRAND NEW DIGITAL STAMP SET that features an overflowing bouquet full of spring treasures delivered with a charming vintage feel. You're going to love this one! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

 ~Julie

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Jules this is gorgeous! Such lovely vibrant colouring, such a good reminder of spring!

Marcella Hawley said...

AHHHHHHHH This is EPIC!! Oh girl, oh GIRL! Masterpiece quality stuff right there!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh my gosh this card is just amazing. I love flowers and this makes me smile and makes me happy. thank you for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

This is a really fun idea for a challenge, Julie, and, oh, my gosh, what a colorifically gorgeous card you made! Wow!

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is absolutely worth every SINGLE minute and Copic marker you used on this image! It's amazing and exquisite! I love it and love how you've framed it!! WOW! What a fun challenge! Hugs and love! xoxo