Friday, October 11, 2019

Bloomie Friday, just for YOU!

Hi all! How has your week shaped up? While the week was good, we got a major snow storm a few days ago and man, I was not ready for it! One day it was 72 degrees, the next, 31. No joke! So, needless to say, coloring in my craft room was a joy - a warm, toasty joy! ;-)

Speaking of joys -- did you check out Power Poppy's Creative Confetti this week? It was hosted by the creative Lisa Johansen! And, she put an interesting spin on the challenge this week! Check it out! 



HOW TO PLAY: Just pick a flower that you think best represents your personality and color away! Are you a demure Easter lily? Maybe you are a fun-loving daffodil or a wild and crazy dahlia? There are so many possibilities with this challenge!

On to my creation!


When I thought about this challenge, I thought long and hard about what flower I might be. I'm not a rose -- beautiful and temperamental. I'm not a Dahlia - big and bold. After letting it all simmer a bit, I said, 'I'm a sunflower - a wild one.' It's not a flower that often takes center stage but it's one that loves being out in nature - wild and free. It loves sharing sunshine and grows wherever it's called to sprout. It's there, hopefully, bringing joy to those who pass by.

Now, I know my image is supposed to be a Gerber Daisy, but I colored it up like a sunflower because wild sunflowers are a little smaller than their seedy cousins. I colored the background the same as my patterned paper using Copic markers and then just let that yellow pop off the page, adding pops of black for contrast.

Here's a closeup....  


You can see above that I did add a little glitter glue. I always seem to want to add a little to the flowers' centers because it makes me happy! ;-)

And here's a photo of the wild sunflowers that grow right behind my house. I love these flowers. They just love showing up where you least expect them, always with their face to the sun!


Okay folks, now it's your turn to show us what flower represents YOUR personality! Remember, after you create and play along, link up your project OVER HERE on the Power Poppy Blog so we can all see. Since this linky is up all month, every entry with our weekly challenge is one more shot at a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! Woo hoo!

Oh.... and there's still time to take advantage of this fun little sale below! Use the code and take $5.00 off your purchase of $15.00 or more. If you haven't grabbed this great deal yet -- now is a perfect time! It's good until Oct.14th!





And, since it's Friday, that means some of my fellow Bloomies are on standby to show you some of what they've been working on this week! You'll have to stop by and see this sweet lady!





Thanks everyone for hopping on over to say "hi!" I hope you have a beautiful weekend and I'll see you back here real soon!

~Julie 

2 comments:

Camille Short said...

What a great design! I am so loving these Creative Confetti challenges. I love that image and the papers....wow!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Julie, I love the beautiful sunflowers.
I don't know what flower I am, I love a lot of flowers.
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty, have a wonderful weekend.