Friday, October 18, 2019

Just Take Ten!

Hello All! Happy Friday! Did you happen to checkout this week's Creative Confetti Challenge? It's a fun... and easy one and involves a kind of card that we should ALL love to create. What card is that? The quickie kind of cards that are fun to whip up but don't exactly look like you just took 10 minutes to assemble! And that, my friends, is what this week's Creative Confetti Challenge is all about!


Let's get on to my creation! 


You can see above that my MISTI stamping tool and Power Poppy's Big Scripts stamp set (on sale now for $9.99)  are two things at the center of my 10-minute card. I also decided to focus on my colors - card stock, ink, embellishments - before I got to creating. I wanted to make sure that everything was a perfect match before I got creating. 


Once I narrowed that all down, I lined up my cardstock in the MISTI and then, after every color, I wiped off my stamp and moved my paper down three lines on my MISTI, keeping my paper vertically even as I went. These inks are all really old colors. Do you remember Vivid! ink? Well, I have the whole line with reinkers and I swear, I have had them for close to 20 years. I remember when I started stamping saving up to buy a few ink pads a month to build up my collection. ;-) Ahhh... memories!

Here's a closeup! You can see, when I was done with the linear stamping, I die cut my wonky rectangle and trimmed the coordinating cardstock to give me 1/8" around the outside. Add some decorative polka dot paper, add a sentiment from the Poppy XL clear set. Add some sequins and... ta da! Done!


This one is an easy peasy design that you can do in almost any color scheme to let a friend know that you are thinking about her! Sometimes the message is more important than the time it took to create a handmade card, don't you think?

So, why don't you try your hand at a quickie card and join me this week? Remember, each and every link up with our linky ON THIS POST HERE is one more chance at a $25 gift certificate to the Power Poppy Shop!  



I know my stamping sister STACY MORGAN has some fun to share with you all! And, if you haven't been over to the POWER POPPY blog yet, Marcy has some exciting news to share, so you'll want to click on over and check that out! Hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!


Until next time!

~Julie

1 comment:

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

I love your gorgeous card Julie, the polka dot background is a great colour in combination with the stunning word colours!
Thank you so much for sharing and have a great weekend.