Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stamp Simply--- HOT, HOT, HOT!

Ok, I am going to start this all out by saying I am - um- kind of embarassed by this challenge issued by Ms. Sharon Johnson. This week's challenge is and I quote - "Julie Is HOT!" What? Are you kidding me? Well, apparently Sharon thinks I use a lot of red and therefore am red hot. I am now laughing so hard I can barely type. :-) So, the goal is to use the color red as the main focus of the card and then add in other HOT colors! For the official deets on ssnotime50 - check out Sharon's place HERE!


This first RED HOT sample is actually a version of a card I first made several years ago. It features one of my all time favorite background techniques. I stamped the Canvas background stamp (Stampin Up) and a diamond shaped shadow stamp (Hero Arts) using Versamark ink. Then, I just rubbed on a few shades of brown chalk over the images. When I had it blended the way I wanted, I inked up the flower (Hero Arts) with red and green markers and stamped the saying (Hero Arts) with Versafine Black Onyx. Add a black satin ribbon, a gold button and mat this segment on a black piece of card stock that I had edged with a gold leafing pen. Mat this on the red card... and voila... DONE!

Here are a few more "RED HOT" simple samples!! ;-)



Want to see what the other Stamp Simply ladies did? Check out.....

Janine
Jennifer
Dee
Tammy

Well folks, wish me luck, today is the first day of Kindergarten for my daughter. There might be a huge case of water works at the school. UGH! My baby is growing up! Might need some "virtual" hugs to get me through today!!! I know, I need to put my big girl panties on and deal -- BUT, it's hard!
Hugs back to you!
Julie
p.s. I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of my blog candy! If you haven't signed up yet, the clock is ticking! Look at last Saturday's post!
Post a Comment