Monday, March 2, 2009

Sustainable Cardmaking!

"Earth month" may be a month away, but I hatched an idea that I'd love to get you all ready! You hardly see those brown paper bags much anymore. Seems like plastic or "reusable" rule. But, every now and then, you can stumble upon some fun. And, here's why!

Twice a year or so, OfficeMax puts out this - fit everything you can in this bag and we'll give you 15% off - sale. Well, for the past couple years, the bag has always had fun elements. I love the swirly leaves and butterfly on this one! So, I immediately thought -- I've got to make a card out of this!


Believe me, it's not a new idea - you can check out THIS post to see last year's version!



Moving on! Gosh, this card couldn't be any easier! Cut out part of the bag, edge it with a gold leaf pen, add some gold self stick pearls, add some sheer ribbon and a fun butterfly sentiment and..... DONE!

Since the pattern repeats on the other side of the bag, I cut out the butterfly from the opposite side and then attached it for a 3-D effect with some mini glue dots!
Easy peasy! Hope you all enjoyed my "green" card! LOL!

See you back here again soon!

Post a Comment