Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You made a card with what???!!???


No joke, I made a card with parts from an Office Max bag! This bag was stuffed in last Sunday's paper and I thought - Hey, don't put that in the recycle bin - I could use that! I loved the design. Seemed kind of odd for an office supply ad. Oh well!

Here's a close up of the part I cut off and used!


And... here's what I came up with!


I actually did this card in the "long and low" style because of the Stamp Simply Challenge over at Sharon's blog - click HERE for the rules!

I basically just cut the strip out of the bag, matted it on a gold edged strip and then matted this piece onto a black mat that had been stamped with a kind of flourish stamp from Impression Obsession. One of my stampin' buds, Penny, uses this stamp all the time. Since I had it and didn't use it yet - I wanted to find out what I was missing! I am a fan!! I also stamped this on the red hearts that were cut thanks to my hearts Nestabilities! I used both the Classic Hearts and the Scalloped Hearts. The rest is pretty self explanatory! I stamped and embossed "Happy Valentines Day" in the corner in gold, used my ticket corner punch and added some hot fix gold nail heads, layered it all up, added some red satin ribbon and I was done!

Off for now... it's kind of a busy work day. Yes, I have to work for a livin'! Thank goodness I can do it from home and in my jammies if I want to!!

Happy Tuesday!
Post a Comment