Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Coloring the afternoon away....



If you read my post a few days ago about kind of missing out on fall stamping, then this card will make sense to you! I had this stamp (Impression Obsession) since early last summer - but with moving and then finishing my stamp room - I never used it! One thing I love is watercoloring. Most times I just use watercolor pencils and a blender pen. This time, I pulled out the good watercolor paper, my paints, put on some classical music and just went to town. Can you say relaxing? I used a mix of deep yellow, reds, browns and then my pallette to mix up different colors in between. I used a watered down version of the yellow to create my shading. To create the card - it was just a pretty simple layout! The one cool thing I did that I don't think you can see is- I stamped the canvas background stamp from Stampin' Up on the base of the card with Versamark ink and then brushed just parts of the piece with a deep bronze shade of Pearl Ex. It gave it that metallic, almost leather look. I might have to do this again on other cards!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Off to work I go!

13 comments:

Chris said...

I love the fall cards that you are doing. I tend to lean to fall card when creating a card for a male. Great job as always!!

Jacki Marie said...

Wow! I love fall colors and you did a fabulous job with your painting!

Janine said...

This is just too wierd !! I was looking at this same exact stamp last night and thought: this is such a nice stamp I will have to do something with it :
You have done a gorgeous job. So vibrant !!
Have a great day. !!!

Momsnack said...

Gorgeous card!! Love that stamp - I just might have to buy it.
NancyS (momsnack)

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautiful job, love the colors and the way you used them. Very classy!
Love all your cards my DD. Mom

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, I love fall colors :)

Nina said...

Hi, Julie!

Loving all your card creations. Love the fall colors! And I adore the fact that you color them in!

Brilliant idea with the paper bag from Office max and the tin can!

Thanks for sharing! =)

Nina
SBS5 sister

tyrymom29 said...

WOW . ..Beautiful !!!

Charlotte said...

Wow... beautiful card Julie!!! I love the orange and browns. TFS!

Dianette Seda said...

You do honor your blog's name "Out to impress". I'm im awe at your creations! Really original! I loved one and every single one of them.

SBS 5 sis Jany

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,great colour ,Dawnxx

NancyK said...

Julie - the coloring on this card is stunning - those autumn hues just pop out at you. I will have to look at getting this stamp!

Kanani said...

The colors you used are beautiful! You did a great job with your watercoloring.