Sunday, September 26, 2010

Christmas on the Coast....

Hi all and happy Sunday! I hope life in your corner of the world is treating you well! We've had a fun-filled weekend so far and the weather has been just gorgeous.

I didn't get a chance to stamp, but I do have a O2M, N2U (old to me, new to you!) card. I created this for Impression Obsession's booth for CHA....

While I live near the mountains, I thought it was fun to play with this image above, to just "pretend!" It's from the set Beachy Christmas. The sentiment is called Season's Greetings and was just stamped on a punched oval and attached to a bow made from linen ribbon. I stamped it up on white card stock, cut it out with the help of a Labels 8 Spellbinders die and... I also colored it up with Copic Markers (YG63, Y21, Y23, R29, Y15, BG11, BG0000, W1, W3, W5, E31, E33) When I was done, I added some Liquid Applique to the areas where the "waves" would be. I also added some sparkle with the help of a clear Copic Spica Atyou pen and some glitter glue. For the mat, I took the Labels 8 Spellbinders die and ran it through twice with two different decorative papers - cut them in half and stitch them together for a different look - mat on some gingham green decorative paper and... voila... done!

Take care everyone... now that soccer, football, bowling, birthday parties and more are underway at my house, I hope you all have some fun and get crafty for me! ;-)
See you back here soon!

p.s. Thanks everyone for all your well wishes when I was down for the count with a cold. I am happy to report that thanks to some rest and lots of vitamin C, I sent the cold packing! ;-)

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Glad you are feeling better. Love the card. Your coloring is wonderful and that bow is beautiful!

lisa808 said...

Adorable image!

Janine said...

Very pretty Julie!! Miss you!!

Ida said...

Good to hear you're feeling better.
This is a fun card. Unique image and mixture of paper patterns. Love the bow.

mrs ann said...

Love the hessian on the card a great look.!!

Anonymous said...

hey stranger, sorry to hear you've been struck with that cold bug. Sweet card, I have some new Flourish stamps on the way. I have been busy painting and organizing my stamping room so haven't had much time for playing. Take care hun.