Sunday, November 4, 2007

Book 'Em


Hello all!
When I showcased a bookmark card last, I stumbled upon on an old bookmark I did using a fun acetate technique using Duo glue and Pearl Ex. It's similar to the shimmery window that I used on the Thomas Kinkade card a few weeks back. What I did here was layer papers to create a book mark. Then, I used gold ink and a background stamp on the base of the book mark. I stamped the sea shells on a piece of acetate using Staz On ink. You can also stamp a whole bunch of images on a white piece of paper and take it to your copy shop to have them print it on acetate/overhead projector sheets there. You need a copier that uses toner or else all your printing will come off as soon as you use any kind of liquid put on it all. I "painted" the image with Duo glue, waited until it dried to clear and then painted Pearl Ex on these images in different colors. I love how it really makes the image look like an opalescent shell. I cut out my images and just stuck them on my book mark using regular old double stick tape! Add a tassel and you're done!

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.