Thursday, November 15, 2007

One more for the Christmas card pile!



Well, I guess I have a little of the spirit in me after all! When my mom was here for a visit, we hit the new Hobby Lobby store and she picked up this set for $6.50... yes... $6.50. Did I mention that store is huge and amazing? Home deco items? Crafts? Did I end up in heaven? Ok, not quite, but it was a fun way to spend an afternoon with your mom shopping. We cracked open the set and made a couple cards. This was one. This was so simple. I stamped the tree on lime green using dark green ink. The layering was done thanks to my Spellbinders Nestabilities (small classic and scalloped ovals), the paper was just some fun patterned Christmas paper. Add some bling on the tree, rie a ribbon, stamp the saying "A time to remember" that was part of the set and voila! Done! Yeah! Now, I tell the card, "Why don't you just drop yourself in the envelope and send yourself already!"

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie.
I just found your blog and your cards are beautiful. This is Chris from Auntie Janties, how is Cal doing? I saw a couple of kids from Cal's age group the other day and I can't believe how big they are. Time just goes way to fast. I have bookmarked your blog and will stop by to visit. I have a couple of them, ckr42.typepad.com/chris_ross_photography/ and ckr42.typepad.com, hop on over if you have time.
Once again, I love your cards!!
bye now,
Chris

dasimonds said...

So Cute..love the colors!
cute tree..scallops..and a
beautiful ribbon.
Such pretty design paper too.
Great card.