Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Last Elvis!


Well, this week was a blast showing the fun that the ladies and I had with our Elvis class! This last one is a card that was inspired by Lori Craig, one of the designers for Cornish Heritage Farms. She has done amazing things with the Elvis stamps! Click HERE to see the card that inspired this creation! There are a few, just a few differences between my card and hers. I didn't use the flourishy stamp - although I LOVE it. And, I used a different saying.

The key was stamping the finger clicking Elvis in the center and then put the silhouette Elvis on both sides. I colored the face and hands with flesh colored markers, colored the shirt a pale, pale blue and added some prisma glitter to the shoes and the jacket. The saying was done by stamping "Love Me Tender" twice - once on the white strip, and once on a red scrap. I used a heart punch to punch out the word "me", and then laid the heart me over the one on the strip by adhering it with a peice of foam tape. I added a dot border below for some extra pizazz. Ticket corner punch the corners, add some bling and that's pretty much it! Thanks to Lori for the great inspiration. It's nice when you can CASE a card and make it your own. She's one talented lady!

Here's a close up the "Love Me Tender.." Fun stuff! Happy Hump Day!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Great card Julie,love Melvis in black & white & red!!!

Annapurna said...

How lovely. I should get this stamp to store away for Elvis lovers. Great job with his glitter jacket and the sentiment.

Kanani said...

Love all of your Elvis posts. And your cards are wonderful, as usual!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love those Melvis stamps. How cute they are. I'm sure your Ken loves them also since he is a big Elvis fan. MOM

Kim said...

I just love this card, but I do love anything with Elvis! lol...Thank you so much for the award Julie! I will get it up on my blog today, as I just noticed it this morning!!! :) Your too sweet!

Lori Craig said...

I *LOVE* your Elvis card! I really like the heart pop up in your sentiment! Beautiful job!