Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last Day Of The Tour!

What can I say about Janine Orchard other than she's the best! We met through the Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers and we just completely clicked. If you've never checked out her site 2B Krafty, you need to. She never ceases to amaze me with all the cool ideas she comes up with!

Last fall, she sent me a goody package full of stamps and embellishments. I am slowly but surely making my way through everything in the box. It's kind of like a fine wine, just gotta savor it! This stamp was one of the things in the box. How fun? It's from Outlines Rubber Stamps I thought it was the perfect image to paper piece-you know how I love to cut things out! Must have been deprived in Kindergarten! I just cut and layered all the pieces. The yellow layer was popped up with a bit of foam tape. I also colored parts of the image with my Copic Spica Clear Glitter pen to make it sparkle. The candle flames and heart were also colored with my Spica pens.

Here's a close up! I'm amazed that in this angle you can't see the sparkle -- trust me--- it is there!!!


Thanks Janine! You rock!! Want to check out more friends and take a tour of your own.... all you need to do is hit my Blog Roll. The ladies here truly inspire!!!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Tomorrow brings another Stamp Simply challenge. This one will be a ton of fun because you will all have to think "out of the box!"

Until then.....

13 comments:

Janine said...

No YOU are the best!!! Thank you so much Julie for your wonderful, kind words. You are a great friend.

Dottie K. said...

Wow Julie this is beautiful. I love the colors you used. That is a great stamp. I'll have to look for that one, it's just so adorable. :)

Annapurna said...

The card is very beautiful. Clean lines with the focal image.
Thank you for the tour of your blog world.

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the card and once again you were so lucky to get all of those goodie packages. Love the yellow and purple. Mom

Laura Davis said...

Wow Julie this is beautiful!! I love the color combo & the stamp!
Laura

Anonymous said...

What an adorable image! Your colors are lovely! Great card and enjoyed your tour!!

Anonymous said...

This card is rocking darlin and I love the colors!

NancyK said...

Oh yes, I've seen those outline stamps, but your creation is much nicer than the samples I have seen.

Love the colors!

CreativeMish said...

WOW! What a great stamp. Love the card colors

Jennifer Buck said...

This is adorable! I LOVE it! TFS :)

Diane said...

Now now ladies,You are BOTH the BEST!!!! Your card is stunning as always Julie!!! Love it!!

stampmonkey said...

Both of these cards are just beautiful! I love the clean and simple look to them, though I realize neither were simple to make. ;) Beautiful job, as always.

Jacki Marie said...

I love this color scheme! You always do a great job with your cards.