Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back with black.....

I guess you could say Sharon got me on a roll with her "hint of black" challenge a few weeks back because, as you can see - I haven't stopped! Just look at my posts this week! It's ok - you can tell me, "put your hands up and step away from the black ink pad!" Maybe I should--huh?

Moving on...

This little card was actually my first card that I did for Sharon's challenge. I didn't like it at first, but now it's kind of grown on me. It's a 4 by 4 square and fits perfectly into those little envelopes that Amuse Art Stamps puts out. The black mat is 3-1/2" by 3-1/2" and the center mat with my stamping is 1/8" smaller all the way around. I did use that ticket corner punch from Stamping Up and added my bling there with 3mm crystal rhinestones. I stamped my main image (Design Block Silhouette - Hero Arts), stamped and matted the sentiment (Hero Arts), layered it up, tied some ribbon and added them with a mini glue dot. Nothing to it!

Enjoy today! Thanks for stopping by!



No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop

15 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Julie,
I am not sure what happened but I somehow deleted my comment. I am loving all of the black. You must have a million stamps. I really like the ones from the last couple of days. Have a wonderful day.

Curt in Indy said...

Black is so universal and it adds many styles, from moody to classy. Red and black is one of my favorite combinations! Great card!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your card. That stamp was used in the best way. The colors black and red together great ! Mom

Janine said...

Beautiful Julie! That sentiment is so nice too. I am sitting here at work waiting until the Tuesday morning ladies get here, having my coffee !!
Have a great day ***

Becca said...

Very pretty card. The cards you make are very elegant and you work well with black accents, which I find difficult to do. Great cards and always a pleasure to visit here.
Bela

Anonymous said...

You just keep that black stamp pad close cause it's working for you girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

hehe I hadn't noticed how much black you used this week until you pointed it out. It looks great though!

Diane said...

Oh Julie,don't put it away,I LOVE these cards,they're so elegant!!!
Great sentiment on this too!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the black!!

Carolyn King said...

this is very pretty! love the black with a color! lovely card!

Becca said...

Hi Julie: it's your SBS 05 sistah Bela. I enjoy our Sister group so much. You are like the Godmother..(mentor),always checking in on us and it is great to see your dedication to our group. You are so talented and it is always nice to stop by you blog.
You always have nice things to say to everyone, so if I could give you a sister award I would...so instead I will give you a Charlie Brown friend award. To retreive it please go to my Blog. You deserve recognition for your kindness to your Sistahs and others too.
Hugs to you, Bela

Jennifer Buck said...

This is just beautiful! I love it! How can you step away from something you do so well! ;) Gorgeous card, Julie! Hope you are doing well and thanks so much for sharing! ;)

NancyK said...

There's something about black that always gives a touch of class to a card The red against the black is very striking and your card is beautiful. Very classy and inspiring!

Laura Davis said...

Simple yet STUNNING!!!!
I love your work:)
Laura