Friday, April 18, 2008

A Touch Of Black....

TGIF! Time for another Stamp Simply Challenge. This week I am grinning from ear to ear because her "Stamp Simply Team" keeps getting bigger and better the gals I am going to be doing challenges with ROCK!

This week's challenge was to have some black accents on your card - you can do it anywhere or with anything - ribbon, stamps, embellies -- anything that makes a bit of a statement! If you want to check out the rest of the details - click HERE for Sharon's "official rules!" :-) If you want to upload to Splitcoast - the key word is ssnotime31.


Now for the fun! I bought this decorative paper - if you can believe it- at the dollar store! Our store in town is called Dollar Tree and Miss Elizabeth's sells exclusively there. Well, you might think dollar store paper - ick! BUT, I've really had fun with it. I grabbed a couple different packs! All I did was stamp Solid Florals from Impression Obsession onto a hot pink rectangle, layered it up and added some bling. The button is actually one of those epoxy buttons from Making Memories that I strung some gingham ribbon through and matted it on a scalloped Stampin' Up circle punch. I did add some foam tape underneath it to pop it out a bit more. That's it!

My mom used the same paper on her card... click HERE to see! Fun layout on her card -- don't ya think??

Here's a close up of the BLING!

Be sure to check out the rest of the crew's cards:
Dee
Tammy
Janine
Jennifer
Becky

Have a fab Friday! Make time for play time and join us in the challenge!

21 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

How FUN is this -- I totally love it!!! Great printed paper -- I've had some of the Miss Elizabeth paper and have liked it as well!!! This is a classy card and I also love the focal panel when it is somewhat askew -- great job!!! Wonderful embellishments!!! Thank you so much!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I love it, Julie! Gorgeous and classy, and the pink is a great retro-shade!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Buck said...

This is just beautiful, Julie! I so love it! Hope you have a great day! :)

Janine said...

Hi there Julie!! Great card!! You have a fabulous weekend and thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Julie!! I really like the main image and the embellishments.
Have a great weekend:)
Dee

Anonymous said...

Way Cool Julie! very striking...hehe I did the challenge myself and didn't even know it!

Anonymous said...

Dollar store? No way! I really love your layout and bling. It is a very nice stamp.

Jackie said...

Well, I may have to take another look at Dollar Tree paper! Love the card! I need to tell you that I have awarded you the Arte y Pico award and you can find the details on my blog if you like :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

Laura said...

I love when you use stamps that I have. Thanks for the ideas!

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooooooo kewl, Julie!!! Love it!

Carolyn King said...

ADORABLE...love the fun colors and the BLING is the perfect touch! Awesome job (and I too have picked up some of the miss elizabeths paper--who can resist a buck?!) lol!

Mescrap said...

This is really beautiful. You have a great pair of hand. You can turn them into so lovely card.

Diane said...

That paper is gawgeous Julie!!
The card is stunning,love the color combo!!

Barbara Schram said...

Beautiful, classy card! We have a Dollar Tree near us, I will just have to go check this out!

Laura Davis said...

Wow julie this is stunning! I love everything about it.
Laura

CreativeMish said...

This is beautiful! The colors are amazing! I have a Dollar Tree in town.. I'll have to go check it out and see if I can find some amazing papers! Great job and love the bling!

Annapurna said...

Love these colors and the stamp. I want to see more of the embossing paste ones too ;-) Love those.

Karen Gladney said...

I gave you an award. Check out my blog. Well deserved.

Deb Neerman said...

PS: LOVE how you used the Dew Drops!

~Hugs!!

Linda Crowder said...

I like the color combination and you make it look so elegant...there is just enough sparkle! Thanks for sharing. Linda Crowder