Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's the BIG DAY!

Hello all! Well, today is the day that we've all been waiting for. It's the day that all the sets (and dies) that the Bloom Brigade has been talking out this week are ready to grab up in the Power Poppy Shop! Say "Hello" to the Spring Fling Collection! 

Today, we have one more fabulous set to unveil! You might have seen this set -- Tiger Lily XL --already HERE with Kathy Racoosin of thedailymarker.com's fabulous show and tell as she kicked off her 30 Day Coloring Challenge! Or HERE as she showcased how to color up this beauty with colored pencils. But, if you missed that for some strange reason, take a gander, will you?


The final introduction is something new for Power Poppy! Wait until you see how XL this Tiger Lily really is! It's a 5" by 5" canvas and this bad boy takes up almost all of that space. Marcella added in a few leaves and a fabulous sentiment as well. The goal was to be able to get in and really color up this highly detailed work of art! We hope you really love the XL size because if you do, there's more where that came from! Think of all the flowers that could be amped up in an extra large size!

On to my creation!



When I saw this image, I wanted to make mine more like a Stargazer Lily coloring. See HERE? Mine didn't turn out as vibrant as these beauties are in real life but I did have fun grabbing those lovely shades of pink and green! Next time, I think I'll stamp the lily in a lighter shade of ink to really let the beauty of the flower sing when it's colored! Here's a peek at the markers that I used.....


After stamping and coloring, the rest is just matting it all up! I added a chartreuse background paper and rose, a little gold cording and then used only a portion of the sentiment from the set so that it just focused on the word "Peace" thanks to a little masking magic. The full sentiment is actually a quote from Mother Teresa which says, "Peace begins with a Smile." I love that! It's a beautiful thought that will be great for all occasion cards. 

Here's a close up! You can see that in addition to the Copic Markers,  I did a little impact thanks to a white gel pen... 


And that my friends is it! Now be sure to run on over to the rest of the Bloomies' Blogs to see how they rolled out this final day of release! I know you will be wowed! And then, hop on by the Power Poppy Shop to see this amazing collection yourself! There are so many fabulous illustrations and creative opportunities with this set of 8 brand new stamp sets! 



Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back Friday with another Power Poppy Hop and I hope you'll join me then!

~Julie

No comments: