Friday, January 18, 2008

Book 'Em!


I can't tell you how much of an accident this card is! I started trying to make a book mark. Then, I decided, wouldn't it be cool to, instead of just a book mark, make it magnetic so it just hugged the page? Then, after I did that, I thought, "Wow, this little heart would be cute just on the front of the card like this... and... by accident the back part of the magnet stuck to the front and I said, "By George, I think we have a book mark card!" I can see making these in a variety of shapes with all kinds of fun colors and embellishments!

Here's the breakdown of how I made it.

I stacked the hearts from my Heart Nestabilities dies (both scalloped and classic)and embellished them with prima flowers and crystal rhinestones. I used that super tacky tape on the back and attached my ribbon. Then on top of that, I used a circle punch to punch out my magnets from a magnetic sheet. I attached the magnets to my ribbon with the same super tacky tape.


Attach your bookmark to a card front to give as a fun gift....then let it have it's home on the pages of a book later!


Have a great weekend!!!
Post a Comment