Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Showing off my rejects!

This is a big step for me ladies, showing my rejects! But, I wanted to do it because this card was a stinker. It was one of those I just couldn't get right. If you read my post yesterday, you saw my challenge card for Taylor's sketch. Well, this was my first attempt. It's so funny because I took her sketch very literally. She said, put the sentiment in the lower right corner.... so I did.

If I did the sketch without looking at that, I would have put the little "Thanks a Latte" up in the circle. So, it left me wondering what on earth do I put there? Well, the set I used from Impression Obsession didn't have any little images. I thought - steam from the cup? No, looked to weird. I tried a LOT of different things and none worked. These little coffee beans are actually from an ancient Stampin' Up set! But, even after all that, I don't think they work! So, I took off the little circle and said, 'Well, I just won't do this card for the challenge.' BUT, when I took off the circle, everything was skewed right and off center. So, my dear friends, suggestions? Am I being to hard on this poor little card??!!???

There are a couple of cool things about this card that I thought I would share. Have you ever made "faux suede?" It's when you brayer Liquid Applique onto a piece of paper and then heat set it? No matter how hard you try, you won't get the application even which makes this such a cool technique. Maybe I'll take some photos of the process to show since all you can see is 1/4" of the mat on this card! It's a neat technique. The other thing I did, which is not rocket science is, I distressed the brown gingham ribbon to look "coffee stained." It worked a whole lot better than the bright white from the ribbon!

Well ladies, have a happy Wednesday! My daughter woke up today and said, "Mom, can we craft today?" What do you think my answer was? :-)
Post a Comment