Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Pocket!



Ok, now that I named that. I might want to rethink that... you know that old joke - "Is that a ___ in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" LOL! Ok, let's keep this a "G" rated show!

Anyway, since this little stamp was still sitting on my desk (Baskets of Happiness, Gina K. Designs), I thought I'd use it for an idea I sketched out. If you can believe this, I have had this pocket stamp for years and I haven't used it.Does anyone know if Stamps In Motion is even still around??? :-) A friend of mine gave it to me when she had a stamp sale because I said it was cute. Well, in my stamp bin it sat... and sat.... and sat! (insert sad face here) Recently, I picked up some cute "denim" like paper at Hobby Lobby and I thought if there was a time that a pocket stamp was needed - it was now!

I stamped my pocket and then figured out how big my card would have to be that I planned to stuff down inside. After I got that all worked out, I rounded my corners on it, added some distress ink and then started to stamp! I edged the top of my pocket card with the Basket of Happiness flower stamp using Versafine Black Onyx ink. I stamped the saying at the bottom of the tag, added a oval shadow (Amuse) and then stamped the potted flowers over top of it. I colored all the flowers with watercolor pencils and blended them with my blender pen. The rest is just the details! I pin pricked my pocket, added a couple of hot fix copper nail heads, added stitch marks around the outside of my mat piece of paper, added a little "friend" tag on red (inked up just part of one of the sayings in the Baskets Of Happiness set) coordinating paper. Notice the frayed look on all the pieces? I just got the cutting tool set from Stampin Up and was dying to try the distressing tool. Now, I have to get better at using it, but for starters, I thought it was fun!

Here's what the card looks like out of the pocket....


Here's a close up of the actual tag....

Well, off for now. My son just informed me that he has a science fair project due soon so.... off I go to help him figure out why popcorn pops!!! Wish me luck. Something tells me we'll be eating part of that project!! LOL!

11 comments:

Janine said...

Just beautiful Julie... I am going over to Gina K.s now to order ...

Diane said...

You're so funny!!!! But even more
talented!! Love that card and I'm gonna have to check Gina K...I'm on
my way!!! You're gonna make me spend more money!!!LOL!

Karen Lindsay said...

I love your "Happy Pocket!" If you hadn't mentioned it, I may not have even thought of that saying. LOL! Your card is beautiful!

Phyl said...

Too Cute!!

Ann said...

Neat card!

Anonymous said...

Really darling card! That pocket has SO MANY possibilites for someone like you that often thinks outside the box. Best of luck with the science project.

Amy said...

This is just beautiful! What a wonderful card! Love the coloring! Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

what a cute pocket card..very pretty!

Jennifer Buck said...

This is sooo very cute! I love it! Adorable! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

your coloring is wonderful!!
Dee

Dianette Seda said...

I really like how you designed this card.It is really out of the box like people says.

SBS5 Jany