Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anyone want to play????

Hi All! Hope your week is going well! First things first, my mom has a Pay-It-Forward going on over at her blog - so I agreed to play! Wanna join me? Either leave me a comment here and say you'll play or go to her blog by clicking HERE. Or... BOTH! I'm not quite sure what I'll do! Maybe a stamp or two? Maybe some handmade creations? Maybe both??!?? If you want to leave a comment but don't want to play, don't worry! I won't strong arm you into anything!!! I love my daily chats with all of you - whether you play or not!

Now... to a card! If you saw my creation Tuesday, you know that I am in love with Carolyn King's new framed flower set just out through Gina K. Designs. This card is the second idea I came up with. Because these flowers are so sweet and petite, I didn't want my design to overwhelm them! So, I used my circle nesties, added a scallop, used my word window punch for the sentiment, added some bling and was done. I like the result!!

Here's a close up of all the rhinestones. These babies took some patience! They are 2mm rhinestones which meant squinting eyes and tweezers! Not to mention, a careful hand with the glue!!! BUT, I am happy to report, I didn't have to swear like a trucker to get the job done (no offense to truckers! LOL!) Anywho, I really love the sparkle it adds!


Hope you are having a good week! Tomorrow means Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge.... and it's another goodie!!!! Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie. I am on my way to Billings today..hopefully get to stop at Stampressions today or tomorrow and oogle the goodies!

If I remember to pop back and play PIF I will on Saturday!

Karen Lindsay said...

It's so you!! Love the colors and the design!

Nikki said...

Gorgeous card!
Can't play the PIF this time as I am already involved in a couple!
Nikki SBS5

The Rubber Maid said...

What a sweet card. Love the bright colors . Pat

Kira said...

Very lovely!

Mescrap said...

This is a sweet-lovely card !

Jennifer Buck said...

How funny are you! I can promise I would have been swearing like a trucker had I been working with these! I do so love the result though! Pay it forward? Not sure I understand...yes, I am really slow! Would love to play though. Give me more?? Take care! :)

Stahl Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stahl Family said...

Not sure what PIF is? Can you explain? I'm somewhat new to surfing/blog hopping.

Janine said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! I have three ladies playing in PIF too... Should be fun... Have a great evening and we will talk soon.

jjcreations said...

These rhinestones are awesome. Joan

Mescrap said...

Yes. I would like to play PIF ... not too sure whether you have closed this section.

Carolyn King said...

wow....this card is amazing. Love the little rhinestones you so patiently added...the colors are fantastic too! AWESOME girl!

LeAnne said...

Adorable, I so much love simple cards--these colors are smashing!
LeAnne