Thursday, March 27, 2008

Impression Obsession Design Team Challenge



About a week ago, a crisp white box arrived in my mail box FULL of Impression Obsession's new stamps for spring and summer. I'll admit, I drouled. Thankfully, before the box arrived, Kelli, one of my fellow DT members said, 'Ok, we need a little spring here' and she organized a challenge for us all. The challenge was actually a color challenge to use green, purple and blue in our card layout. When I saw this new stamp from Leigh Hannan, I knew I had to use it! I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx on watercolor paper and then painted it with my marker on a palette technique. Basically, you scribble marker onto a palette and pick up the color with a damp watercolor brush. It's watercolor without the hassle!

After I colored it and created a kind of light blue wash behind my flowers, I matted my image onto purple shimmer paper and then again on a light blue piece of card stock. Before I attached my blue mat to my card front, I used my Stampin' Up slot punch so that I could string a bit of sheer ribbon through. I attached another piece of tied ribbon and then attached a mini-tag that has "Embrace Life" stamped on it. (This sentiment is a mini set that has about a dozen mini sayings and will be released soon!) The tag was created from one of the Cuttlebug sets.

Here's a close up. If you look closely, you might see the glitz on some of the flowers thanks to some Diamond Stickles. I just dotted those little circles for a little pizazz!



Wanna see what some of my teammates did? Check them out!

Kelli, Penny, Daniela, Tina, Deborah, and Laura

Hope you have a happy Thursday! I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already! You know what that means --- a Stamp Simply Challenge! I had so much fun with this one.....so get ready to play! I'll show you some more new stuff from IO with this challenge!

Take care!

Post a Comment