Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Green Grass!

About a week ago, I was blurfing and found this awesome tutorial on Paper Pleasing Ideas with Julie. It's on CuttleBug Ink Embossing. Click HERE to see it! It's worth it! You'll also have to click here to see Carole Burrage's awesome card that she did with this technique. My jaw dropped. I just love THIS card.

Here's the technique in a nutshell. Wish I knew who came up with this. I'd give them credit right now! It was apparently a part of a technique lover's challenge on Splitcoast. Anywho, here goes- You take a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and ink up the flat side, not the bumpy side. I chose to ink my folder up with Versamark. You put your paper in and then run it through your die cutting machine. If you use normal ink, your paper is done when you roll it off the machine. Mine, however, took one extra step. I brushed a layer of bronze Pearl Ex on and used a soft paper towel to rub off the excess. What I was left with was a peice of paper that looks kind of like an antique tin or copper ceiling. It's not something I would do all the time, but fun for just the "right" card! The only stamping on this card is the sentiment. Recognize it? It's a part of the Thank You set from Green Grass Stamps that I am giving away this next Sunday! All you need to do is leave a comment under Monday's post and you're in for the giveaway. Thanks again to the company's owner, Tammy, who offered this set up for my blog candy. How sweet!

Happy Tuesday! Until tomorrow!
Post a Comment