Friday, March 28, 2008

Stamp Simply Time!!

Well, today I have a double treat - a new stamp from Impression Obsession and a fun challenge courtesy Miss Sharon Johnson (ssnotime28)! The challenge this week? Paper piecing! Doesn't matter how intricate - can be just cutting out a simple flower! Just take a trip HERE to Sharon's to see her card and check out all the challenge details!

Of course, you'll also have to travel over to Dee's place to see what she cooked up with this challenge too! If you have to make a baby card for any reason, her spin on this challenge will surely give you some inspiration!!

We've got a new partner in crime this week too! Tammy over at Stamp Happy! She jumped right in with a darling card that uses some really fun decorative paper. Love it!

I have to say, I went a little overboard. Ok, a LOT overboard. I love to cut and when I saw this new image from Impression Obsession (not yet released) I thought, man, I have to use it! I used a mix of solid green paper and patterned green paper for both the lime and leaves. Then, I used that same paper for the base of my card. I used mini glue dots for under the leaves so that they would just kind of "float" above my image. It gave it a ton of dimension. Then, the little circles in the image were colored with my lime green Copic Spica glitter pen. The centers of the lime I "painted" with two way glue and then when it dried to tacky, I sprinkled it with Prisma Glitter. I love my glitz you know!!

Here's a close up...

Now, to my favorite part! IO has a new stamp coming out saying, "Got Margaritas?" But, unfortunately, I don't have it yet (emphasis on yet!). So, I made this little number on my computer because I thought this was the perfect saying for this card! I just used a 1" circle punch to punch it out and then added it do my polka dot sheer ribbon with a little jump ring.


Come to think of it. It's Friday. I just might "get" me some Margaritas tonight!! Anyone want to join me??? TGIF!

Have a fun day and hope you make time for Sharon's challenge!
Post a Comment