Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Knitting up some comfort!




Ok, I know this is a stamping blog but -- every now and then -- just like my post yesterday, I would love to branch out and share some of my other crafty passions! So, I bring you "What's On My Knitting Needles?" I'll share a snippet and the pattern, just to let you know what I'm up to! Plain and simple! I know that I love to see what other folks are knitting and if I can be inspired by a great pattern, I figured that I, in turn, would share! 

A few weeks ago, I started this pattern HERE by Kim Haesemeyer called Lauren. Here's a peek at the pattern front being modeled by Kim herself!!


My vest is being done in Lamb's Pride Worsted in the color Oatmeal. I wanted a vest that I could wear with jeans, layer over a cute and comfy long sleeve tee and dress up by draping a scarf over top. And so.... this is it so far! 


This will be super comfy! I love the stitch definition created in this pattern! The front is knit 8" in the pattern and the the rest is stockinette with a center band carried up through the middle. The back is all in pattern. 

Here's a close up!

And that, my friends, is "What's On My Knitting Needles!" Next week I plan to start a pair of boot cuffs (even though I won't be done with this project) -- and I'll be sure to share! I don't know about other knitters but I always have one big project and one small project going at the same time. Small projects get done quicker and give me that sense of accomplishment! It usually takes me a year (or sometimes longer) to finish a sweater! ;-) I laugh and tell folks I need to become independently wealthy so I can stay home and knit or stamp all day!

Hope your "hump day" is going great! See you back here soon!

~Julie

Pin It

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're going to look great in this, Julie! I love the idea of a long sleeved tee and a scarf. Stylin'!

Glenda said...

This is going to be so beautiful! I never learned to knit and I feel like I really missed out!

Pauline said...

Love this, it's going to be beautiful when your done, and love the colour, it will go with so much. I haven't knitted in years, now you make me want to get out my needles and start!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so very pretty, the color is perfect for the vest. You are so creative girlie. This same color in the boot cuff would be awesome!!! Just sayin... ;-)

TLady said...

SOOO PRETTY JULIE!!!!!!!!!! :) I think this will look FABULOUS in this color; PERFECT with jeans!!!!!!:) The stitch is DEFINATELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!:) SUPER WORK!!! ;) (I tend to go small projects all the time! LOL I guess I like that sense of accomplishment more often! :) )

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Lookin' good my friend!! I hope you're going to model it when it's done!! It's simply darling!! Can't wait to see the boot cuff too!!