Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sneak Peeks Day 2: Always Blooming!

It’s Day Two of our delightful December Releases at Flourishes! Today we have another stunner for you that combines beautiful botanicals with very meaningful sentiments.

 Introducing….

  AlwaysBloomingGFX       

Send some strength to those you care about with this touching set penned by Sam Pickard and embellished with beautiful sentiments courtesy of Dina Kowal. It's a set that's perfect for those times when a friend needs to know that you care. It features five scripted sentiments with heart warming messages as well as a group of beautifully drawn winter roses. Set measures 4" by 6".

On to my creation!

Knowing that this gorgeous bloom is a Lenten Rose, I knew I wanted to branch out and color this one in a different way. I wanted a soft green focus and gosh, there's so much inspiration when it comes to the beautiful colors. Aren't they just beautiful?

I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black on Flourishes Classic White after I cut out my image using the Silhouette Cut File (which will be available Friday), I colored it up using the Copic collections listed below! I actually can't wait to color this one up in every shade above!


After I was done stamping and coloring, I matted up my image with the help of a Spellbinders die (see supply list below), some Echo Park paper and fun chevron May Arts ribbon. I added the sentiment thanks to a little sentiment flag that I created myself. And that, my friends, is it!

Ideas are blooming plentifully in our design team creations with this gorgeous set.  And, while you’re hopping and looking at their creations, don’t forget to try to figure out….

Mystery-Blogger-Graphic

Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.

Do you want to win Flourishes’ December Release?

  • If you would like a chance at winning all three of our soon-to-be released December sets…you can play in our Flip it Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY December 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
  • All three of our December sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all three sets together in a bundle. This discount will only be available through December 20th, so you have to act fast!
  • Keep in mind, all of these sets will be live first thing Friday morning in the Flourishes store along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
  • And, don’t forget to come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday, December 14th for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!
Be sure to stop on by tomorrow when we share a cover all the happy thoughts you have for others throughout the year!


~Julie
SUPPLIES:




Pin It

24 comments:

Barbara said...

I love the inspiration picture and I can see exactly where you were going with this card. Beautiful color palette and design sketch too. Love that rose and sentiment.

jonim52 said...

Love this image, lovely card!

loulou said...

Beautiful card I love how you have coloured the hellebores.

Kitty said...

Your card is beautiful

Kathleen

Unknown said...

How clever of you to capture the 'green hues' of the flowers themselves. When I first saw the stamp I had to Google them, they are fabulous and I think in years past I have had some in my gardens, I recognize the Lenten Rose name. Your card is picture perfect! A lucky someone will open their mailbox to it and be oh so happy! TFS!!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely stunning Julie! I love the way you coloured this rose image in green hues, beautiful. Great new stamp set!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Good heavens, Julie, this is FABULOUS! The greens are just spectacular on this flower! Amazing card, my sweet friend!

TLady said...

HOW GORGEOUS JULIE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the COLOR you chose to use on these lovelies! You've done an AMAZING JOB on the COLORING TOO!!!! :) AND the die you chose has PERFECTLY framed this!!! :) ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How unbelievably striking Julie!! WOW! Love how you colored the blooms!! And your papers with the sentiment banner behind the image...fabulous!!

Allison Cope said...

How stunning is that card? I love the green roses - they're beautifully coloured and shaded Julie! Love the inspiration photo you used for the colour - cool! Another gorgeous card girl!

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card. I love the green you used for the roses.

BeckyTE said...

These blossoms in the fresh spring green are just beautiful. Love what I am seeing of this set.

Linda Carson said...

Love the beautiful colors you choose and the lovely details of ribbon and pearls!

Kathy Krug said...

The shades of green on the pink is beautiful, Great design.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Your card is simply lovely. The cut file makes the image so clean and crisp.

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS...love the green on green design!

Nana Griffin said...

Very pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

Jules this is so pretty ….the green of these flowers always gets me. I think they look amazing, looks great with the cut file too!

D- said...

Very pretty colors. Your coloring is wonderful. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - I love the Lenten rose so this is a must have set for me!!

Anonymous said...

It goes to show how versatile that flower stamp is - I am hopping along seeing it colored so many ways, and it didn't occur to me that it was a lenten rose until I saw the way you colored it! Then it clicked! The lenten roses at my house are green like that! Beautiful card!

Parker said...

This image gives off such sweetness and the way you've presented it is wonderful.

Leslie Miller said...

I especially like how you colored this. Very pretty!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely stunning! I love this set and your faint green flowers are beautiful. :)