Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diamonds are a girls best friend.....

Hi all! Hope you are having a fantabulous week! It's my busy work week, so I have a quickie of a card for you today. I used the new Fanciful Flourishes from Flourishes that was released a couple weeks ago. When I look at it this card, I think of Marilyn Monroe in her pink satin dress with long black gloves and lots of diamonds singing Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend! I have no idea why! I wasn't from that era -- didn't even see the movie! LOL!

This card is really quite simple! I used several elements from the Fanciful Flourishes set. I used the Damask stamp from the set with some Versamark ink for a nice watermark effect. Then, I used the border stamp, a sentiment from the set, the shadow heart and the flourishy heart. You can check out the set HERE. And, the rest --- is just matting it up, adding LOTS of bling, some black satin ribbon, a border punch (EK Success) and bam... done! I did use some silver mirror paper as a secondary mat because I wanted this baby to be glam! ;-)

And that, my friends, is it - a quick and easy card with a super feminine flair! Since it's one that could only be given to my hubby, I am thinking I need to add this to my stash for when he has those out of town trips. I like to slip little love notes in his suitcase. I know. I know -- pretty "schmoopy!"

Hope you are all having great week! See you back here soon!

Post a Comment