Friday, April 23, 2010

Christmas Doves

I know what you are all thinking... how on God's green earth could you be showing a Christmas card in April? Well, bear with me, it's for a fun challenge! Starting May 1st Flourishes will be doing a once-a-month challenge to get you in gear for your Christmas cards long before Christmas bells start ringing!

Since it's April, I know this is going to sound funny, but I just couldn't bear to do a traditional green and red card. So, I chose a more muted, antique look and I picked up the Doves and Holly set.
You can see too, I also used the Christmas Music set for the background. I stamped the doves and then masked and stamped the music over top. Afterward, I colored it up with a mix of Copic Markers. I used a few from the Dahlia and Fields collections and then I highlighted the doves with the lighter shades of the Warm Neutrals. I also sponged ink around the circle using Old Paper Distress Ink. The next step is just matting it up. I did use the Spellbinders Labels One for my mat. I embossed and then sanded to continue that distressed look. Add some stitching and a bow and.... ta da! The Celebrate the Season sentiment is also from the Christmas Music set.

The DT has a dose of Christmas inspiration for you today as well. So hop on over and see:

  • Christine Okken
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan has a beautiful display of Christmas cards over on the Flourishes Blog PLUS she has more news on the new monthly challenges that she'll be hosting. So be sure to click HERE!

    Before we go, we wanted to share that the other fabulous DT members have some extra Flourishes eye candy for you -- that's good all year round!

    Cindy Lawrence
    Dawn Burnworth
    Laura Fredrickson

    Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!


    11 comments:

    Dawn B. said...

    Oh my heavens this is beautiful. I love the soft colors.. This is gorgeous Julie.. I am so happy you have my address for Christmas..:)

    Velta said...

    Wowzers! Gorgeous!! Love the colors and the design!!

    dpkennedy said...

    Wow, Julie! This is so pretty! I love the design and the soft vintage look! You have my address to right?! LOL!!!

    Yogi said...

    nice card

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Beautiful Julie... I love how soft this feels, the music background is so pretty and your ribbon bow is the perfect touch.

    ChristineCreations said...

    What beautiful softness Julie! Love the layering of shapes and the muted tones.

    Leslie Miller said...

    Oh, my gosh! So soft and pretty! You've used the most beautiful colors. Love this, Julie!

    Sue from Oregon said...

    I could look at Christmas cards all year long! This is so pretty!

    The Rubber Maid said...

    Gorgeous card and love the soft colors instead of red & green. Beautiful! Mom

    Cherie said...

    Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning! Thanks for holiday ideas!

    Diane said...

    Oh Julie! It is stunning!!! Love the colors you chose and it is just beautiful!!