Friday, April 2, 2010

TGI-Flourishes Friday!

Hi all and happy Friday. Hope you have had a nice week! It's Easter break for us so I've had kidlets home and it's been so nice to just chill out with them and have some down time.

Now on to my card! This one was actually done with an image that I stamped and colored when my mom was in town. She used her daffodil to make a book mark. I used mine for this... a relatively easy springtime card!

Really easy peasy! I used my Labels 11 die and cut around my daffodils. The dafodils were stamped on Classic White cardstock from Flourishes and colored with the Spring Green, Daffodil and Sunflower Copic Collection grouped by Flourishes. With the die still on, I sponged on some Scattered Straw ink. Add some bling, a fun ribbon and mat it all on decorative paper and.... voila! The paper is a mix of Bazzill and Basic Grey. The sentiment is from the From the Garden set. I absolutely love the sentiments in that set!

Here's a close up of the flowers with a peek at the sparkle I added with a bit of Diamond Stickles!

And that, my friends, is it! You'll have to check out the Flourishes Blog today because Laura Fredrickson has an amazing tutorial on paper piecing. She calls it paper piecing out of the box! You'll have to click HERE to see what she's talking about! :-) And since it's Flourishes Friday, the other gals in the DT have some fun cardmaking eye candy for you to peek at! Be sure to visit...

Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Danielle Kennedy

Before I forget, Flourishes is having a sale on more than a dozen of its older sets -- call them oldies but goodies that are on their way to retirement! They are 50% off!! With limited supplies, if you have your sights set on any of Flourishes older releases, you should check it out HERE before they are going, going, gone! They also have more than a dozen older Spellbinder dies on 35% off. Great deals!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Happy Easter and I'll see you back here soon!

6 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Sooo lovely, Julie! LOVE this soft color palette and your beautiful shading!

Dawn B. said...

Julie this is beautiful. I love the soft color around your flowers.. Great job..

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful card, Julie. I love the layout and those gorgeous dafodils with a touch of sparkle.

Leslie Miller said...

I just love this layout, Julie! It looks relatively simple, yet it's so effective. I'll have to file this one away in my faulty memory banks. Love the warm colors and your beautiful coloring of the daffodils.

mamakAN said...

Urocza wiosenna karteczka. Pozdrawiam

Yogi said...

lovely card. Love the daffodils and the layout.