Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diamonds are a girls best friend.....

Hi all! Hope you are having a fantabulous week! It's my busy work week, so I have a quickie of a card for you today. I used the new Fanciful Flourishes from Flourishes that was released a couple weeks ago. When I look at it this card, I think of Marilyn Monroe in her pink satin dress with long black gloves and lots of diamonds singing Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend! I have no idea why! I wasn't from that era -- didn't even see the movie! LOL!

This card is really quite simple! I used several elements from the Fanciful Flourishes set. I used the Damask stamp from the set with some Versamark ink for a nice watermark effect. Then, I used the border stamp, a sentiment from the set, the shadow heart and the flourishy heart. You can check out the set HERE. And, the rest --- is just matting it up, adding LOTS of bling, some black satin ribbon, a border punch (EK Success) and bam... done! I did use some silver mirror paper as a secondary mat because I wanted this baby to be glam! ;-)

And that, my friends, is it - a quick and easy card with a super feminine flair! Since it's one that could only be given to my hubby, I am thinking I need to add this to my stash for when he has those out of town trips. I like to slip little love notes in his suitcase. I know. I know -- pretty "schmoopy!"

Hope you are all having great week! See you back here soon!

9 comments:

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Very Stylish!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the card and be it schmoopy or not that's a sweet "miss you" kiss for a husband who travels.Mom

Janine said...

You are the sweetest Julie and so is this card!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

I am loving it with all the bling and the simplicity! Great smoochy card. :0)

SAMARA said...

Oh my lovely artist...you make it all sound so simple! yet your creations are astonishing! I really enjoy your colors...at the last moment I caught the sentiment. How perfect...subtle but so in the heart! The watermark is perfectly classy and such an elegant backdrop for the flourish heart. I so enjoyed how you mounted this, again on the striking black. And of course, bling, well...who are you talking to! haha. Thanks again Julie. You made my wake up bright and cheery! LOVING GOD LOTS, Samara

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, I love all the simple details of this beautiful card. I like being schmoopy too, and those guys of ours love it! Great job!!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I'm thinkin' I'm needin' that set :)

Diane said...

Sweet!!! I'm sure your hubby loves those little notes when he's out of town! That's what love is all about,being schmoopy!
Is that a word,lol???? He He !!

Anonymous said...

Schmoopy?? I've heard that before.. but I love it!! Also love your card. It's so elegant and pink and black is one of my favourite colour combinations!! Note loves - so sweet!!
Beth Greco