Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone. This weekend has been jam-packed with so much family fun! So much so, I had to share a funny story and some pictures! I woke up this morning (it was only 7:30-- which is sleeping in for me), and I walked out in to our living room and my daughter is fully dressed, jeans, shirt, shoes and all. I said, "Ellie, what are you doing?" She tells me with the most serious of voices, "I'm all ready for the Easter Egg hunt." Bless her heart -- it wasn't until 10 AM! Since we have some green space in our neighborhood, we have a egg hunt in some of the park areas.

Look at all those eggs just waiting to be picked up! My son told me that there were 2,000 eggs!

And the kiddos waiting.... this was just a handful. There had to be at least 50 kids.
Here's Ellie going for it! And, my 13 year old, Cal, proving you are never too old! ;-)
And, here's Ellie - post face painting....

Later in the day, we colored eggs and I have to tell you that this year's offerings for Easter egg coloring was hysterical. Who knew you could give your egg a "fro!" Check it out! I cracked up!

And, before I bid you ado, here's a card I made this weekend for a friend of mine that we go to church with. I just love this Easter lily and the sentiments that are in this Lily of Hope set from Flourishes -- just beautiful sentiments that are perfect for this time of year. This card is really an easy card. I used my Labels 8 Nestabilities die (after embossing, I used a sanding block to distress the edge a bit), a petite oval die (and while the die was still on, I used my paper piercing tool to add a pierced frame). The flower was colored with the B000 Copic marker plus the Sunflower and Spring Greens Copic Collections grouped by Flourishes. Afterward, I added some Stickles glitter glue to the stamens in the flower. Add a fun flocked ribbon, some crocheted lace and a pearl and voila!
Here's a close up!
And that, my friends, is it! I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a blessed Easter. I'm making a ham with all the fixings and I can almost smell it just thinking about it! YUM!
I'll see you back here soon!

12 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

looks like your kids had a great time...my goodness there were tons of eggs! Such a pretty card as well!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card and fun pics of the egg hunt. Love your egg 'fro! Have a Happy Easter!

Janine said...

Hi Julie!!! Looks like the kids had a ton of fun!!
Happy Easter to you and your family@@

Darlene said...

HAPPY EASTER!! Thanks so much for sharing these fun photos! Your card is beautiful and I have no doubt will be so appreciated! Hope you & your family have a wonderful weekend! Miss Ya!

Shirley said...

Ellie is adorable. She reminds me of my grand daughter at her age. TFS, Julie.

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful card. Love the work, ribbons and style!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, loved those Easter egg hunt pictures. Great memories for the kids.

Your card is beautiful too!!!!
Easter Blessings to you.

Diane said...

That's alot of eggs! Sure looks like they all had a blast!

Deb Neerman said...

So much fun to see your photos, Jewels! The kidlettes are just adorable!!

And I'm totally loving this beautiful card ... a fabulous sketch, layout, and stamp!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Lily card! That is a lot of eggs, looks like they all had fun. That egg with the hair is hilarious!

ChristineCreations said...

Wow Julie, Cal's getting so tall! And so fun with all those eggs. The cousins all did eggs at Grandma and Grandpas, we had 3 spills, a lot of messes and inky hands and some great eggs :)

Joan B said...

this is so beautiful and your easter egg hunt pics are adorable.