Friday, April 9, 2010

Are you ready for.....

release week challenge graphic

I am! This Release Week Challenge is all about.... TWINCHIES! What's a twinchie you ask? It's a 2 by 2" little work of art that loves to take center stage on your card! And that is what Flourishes' Release Week Challenge is all about. To take part, all you need to do is make a 2 by 2" segment the focal point on your card. Play in the challenge and you have a chance at winning all 4 new stamp sets that will be released on April 16th! You have until next Friday at 5 PM EST to enter. Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don't, please play along anyway! If you upload to SCS, please use the keywork FLLCAPR10. Keep in mind, in order to be eligible, you need to link your creation HERE using the Inlinkz linky!

Ok... now to my creation! I call this my... TEN MINUTE TWINCHIE! With the help of Flourishes Lace Edges set and some paper my mother gifted me -- I had a flocked and flourished thank you note to add to my stash!
This paper is a flocked decorative paper my mom picked up for me. When I saw it, I just knew it was a perfect fit for Flourishes Lace Edges. I stamped the image on a 2 by 2-inch square and then matted it onto a scalloped square. The rest is matting it up, adding a sentiment (Tag Lines) onto a large oval punch that was matted on a scalloped oval. Add some black pearls and.... voila! Done! A Twinchie in 10!

If you need a little creative inspiration, please hop over and see what kind of Twinchies our ever so talented Design Team created!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you can make time to play in the challenge. See you back here soon!

20 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful paper and perfect for the lace edges! Love it!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Stunning card, Julie!

Karen W said...

I agree this is stunning and so elegant. Just gorgeous and yes those edges are perfect for this.

Cindy Haffner said...

Julie this is STUNNING, what a great challenge.

The Rubber Maid said...

Elegant card and great use of your small inchie twinchie or whatever it's called. will steal this idea for sure. Mom

Chriss Blagrave said...

Striking and elegant!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I have that set and love it, but do I ever love the way you used it on this card. You have inspired me!!!!

NancyK said...

Gorgeous! And a great way to showcase the lace edges stamps. Super elegant!

Leslie Miller said...

This is just the sort of inspiration I need! My gosh, it's gorgeous, Julie!

Stacy Morgan said...

See... See... I told you that you were full of it! :0) This is gorgeous! I am casing this FOR SURE! Love your 2x2 and the colors are fabulous. Gorgeous!

ChristineCreations said...

girly...I don't know what you were talking about this looks stunning! Love how you've used the lace edges and the stunning paper. Totally rich and gorgeous!

Yogi said...

very pretty and elegant. I like the deeper shade of vanilla - or light mocha

Connie M. said...

Oh so pretty and elegant, Julie! I just love the look of these colors...the black just makes the yellow/cream just pop!!

Ravengirl said...

How glamourous! I love that it only took you 10 minutes :)

Sue from Oregon said...

oh wow...outstanding!

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julie!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

So rich and elegant...LOVE the black and cream! Funny...we had the very same idea with the ovals and "thank you" sentiment. :)

Unknown said...

Julie, this is gorgeous!! I have those papers and love how you used them with the lace edge stamp! TFS~

dpkennedy said...

This is just gorgeous! So elegant!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, beautiful card!!! I love the paper and all the lace edge.
Great job!!
Joan