Friday, April 16, 2010

Sneak Peeks... the final day!

If you love your garden in the spring, with its wealth of perennials sprouting and reaching for the sun, then you'll love this beautiful bouquet created by Marcella Hawley, just for you!

Introducing.....

Look closely and you'll find Lilac, Forget-me-not, Parrot Tulips, Peony and a few other goodies tucked inside! It's a divine image just begging to be colored! This set, that will be released by Flourishes tonight also comes with 10 different sentiments perfect for all the special women in your life!

Would you like to win this set? Simply leave a comment HERE on today's post telling us your favorite flower. We'd love to hear it and I'm thinking Marcella might too before she grabs her sketch book!

On to my creation! When I saw this stamp, I thought of my grandma. I imagined fresh cut flowers straight from the garden situated on the dinner table with a hand crocheted table cloth underneath. And so, when I started creating that is the look I went for! I stamped my image on Flourishes European Watercolor paper using permanent black ink and then watercolored using a water brush and Ranger Distress Inks. I used Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, and Sugared Pink. Add some stitching, a sentiment from the set, some crocheted lace and some pearls and you're almost done! You can see I also added an embossed background.

And that, my friends, is it! Our ever-so-talented Design Team has been busy whipping up their own spring bouquets using this set, so head on over and see....

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Some quick notes for you! Don't forget to check out Flourishes' Twinchie Release Week Challenge? Time is running out so be sure to click HERE for the details! You have until tonight at 5 PM Eastern to play for a chance at winning all four stamp sets that we have unveiled this week! And, we'd love it if you joined us for Flourishes' POWER HOUR Release Party! It's 60 minutes of fun, games, chatter and giveaways! The party kicks off HERE in the Flourishes Forum over on SCS at 9 PM Central Standard Time!

Hope you had some fun with me this week! See you back here soon!

13 comments:

Karen W said...

I can't wait to get my hands on these new sets, they are just gorgeous and your card is so beautiful!

Diane said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!! It does have a vintage feel to it.....it has to go on my must have list!!

Dee Jackson said...

Gorgeous! gorgeous,gorgeous Julie!!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Julie. I love the colors you chose.. I think when a set evokes a special memory the results are wonderful. Great job.

Yogi said...

very pretty. love the colors you picked.

Dru said...

Wow - this is just gorgeous and I love this stamp - definitely a must have! All of these fall into my favorites - LOL - I love so many, but my favorite of favorites must be the violet family - pansies, violas and especially wild violets. Great stamp!

Shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Melody said...

Beautiful Card! I love the new sets!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely, Julie! Your coloring job is super fabulous!! I love the lace ribbon and embossed background, too!! TFS~

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful, Julie! The lace and the embossed background, along with your perfect coloring make this one jaw-dropping card! What a beauty!

Betty Wright said...

GASP! Totally gorgeous, Julie! Beautifully done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super gorgoeus Julie!!! I just love this Set and you colored it perfectly!!! Hugs ~S~

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I love the delicate feminine feel of this beauty! Wonderful colouring!