Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joy is a Flower....

Hi all and happy Thursday! Whew, did this week fly by! Hope life is good in your neck of the woods. It's starting to really feel like spring here. The grass is greening up, the birds are singing and the temperature is climbing. Love it!

And, that's why my card was super fun to create. My hubby and I have our favorite bench when we take our walks - granted it doesn't have a basket of fresh picked flowers on it.. but still! This card uses the new Around the Arbor set from Flourishes that was just released last Friday....

Not much to explain with this one! I stamped my flowers first, masked it and then stamped the bench overtop so that it looked like the basket was just set there. I used Copic markers to color it up and picked up the Dahlia, Spring Greens, Cool Neutrals and Sunflower Copic Collections grouped by Flourishes.
After I colored it up, I used the Spellbinders Labels 10 to cut out my shapes for my main image and also my sentiment. I love, love, love that sentiment -- what a neat little saying to help bring a smile to a friend! I picked out some blue decorative paper from my stash, added some pearls and some polka dot sheer ribbon and some crocheted lace and... done!

FYI: If you like this set, today is the last day to take advantage of Flourishes' New Release Bundle. You can get all four new releases for 10% off. You can check it out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have nothing but blue, sunny skies in your neck of the woods! :-)

See you back here soon!

7 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh my, I think I see, in the not to distant future, more Flourishes stamps for Glenda!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautiful spring type card.Soft colors for a soft lovely card. Mom

Unknown said...

This is so soft and pretty! Love the lace on it. Great job!

Janine said...

Beautiful Julie... So pretty!!

Deb Neerman said...

Just gorgeous, Jewels! So soft and pretty!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers on the bench! Beautiful!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Julie this is Beautiful!
Love the colors and the image,the sentiment! So beautifully done as usual!!
Thak you for sharing your wonderful talent and inspiration.

Have a great weekend!