Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a Floral Frenzy!!

Hi all! TGIF!! Today, it's Dawn's turn to host the Flourishes Focus over on the Flourishes Blog and I thought I'd play along today. It's all about flowers! She has an amazing project and fun tutorial, so you'll have to check it out HERE!

Because the "focus" is a floral frenzy, I decided to pick up some of the new Prima flowers that Flourishes has in stock. I think these flowers are just too pretty for words and when you put one on a card, you almost don't need anything else!

To create my card, I used a circle cutter to cut a half circle in pink paper and then I grabbed one of the new Flourishes sets called Fanciful Flourishes to emboss the damask image using white detail embossing powder. Stitch around the edge with a zigzag stitch and add some crocheted lace. I used some in my stash, but Flourishes has a brand new trim that is a crocheted lace that is so delicate and pretty! You can find it HERE if you're curious! :-) After that, add some ivory satin ribbon and a Prima and... you're almost done! I stitched up some kraft card stock, added the damask in the lower right corner using some Versamark Ink and then a sentiment in Rich Cocoa and.... voila!!!!

Here's a close up of that purty flower!

I think these flowers are so soft and feminine! I am not a "flower girl" other than stamps and so this was a fun little adventure. I love this layout so much I might make up a few color coordinated cards to give as a set! What do you think??

Don't forget to check out Dawn's tutorial HERE! And, some of the other gals on the DT have some fun to share as well, so be sure to stop by and see.....

Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here soon!!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is SOOOOOOOO pretty! Love the pink on the kraft ... really makes it pop yet still stays soft looking! Love the lace and of course these beautiful flowers! Just Perfect!!!
Hope you are well and have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs to ya!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is so pretty. You have used this lace edges on a LOT that I never would of thought... This is wonderful and pretty Julie.

dpkennedy said...

Oooh, I love this! Gorgeous design and that lace edge is divine!

ChristineCreations said...

Gorgeous embossing with the damask Julie, and I love the lace and sewing too. Totally feminine! I think coordinated sets would be gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooooh, pretty! Beautiful damask background and so utterly feminine with the ribbon, stitching, and lace. Of course, the flower is the perfect finishing touch. I think I have every single style of Flourishes flowers. Looks like we need to restock!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Julie! Love those flowers...I really need to use them now!

Diane said...

Beautiful creation...so soft and pretty!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the Prima flower and the way you used the background stamp. Simple to do and makes for a great card. Mom