Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ways to use a border... 2!

Yesterday, I posted a card that I created using a set Flourishes released last January called Lace Edges and then, I pointed you all to the Flourishes Blog for a tutorial. Well, I also promised to at least show the cards I made here too! So.... here goes! Call this the grand finale of how I used the same stamp set -- three ways!

For the second card, I used the border that looks a lot like Battenburg lace. I used Sky Blue Memento Ink and just alternated the direction that I stamped this border...

And this, is what it turned into..

I used some of the new lace trim that Flourishes just got into stock on this card as well along with some white pearls and a sentiment from the new Fanciful Flourishes set.

And, for the last card, I wanted to create a kind of impact panel - not a full background - but bigger than a border as well. A little tip for you, I did use a ruler to draw a pencil line so that I could line my image up to make sure it stamped straight.

And, this below was my card. I have to say that it was greatly influenced by THIS card from Laura Fredrickson. I just loved how she used the Ornamental Elements set as a frame for her flowers. So, I had to give it a try!

I used Prisma Pencils to color up my tulip, added some bling and a sentiment from the new Fanciful Flourishes Set in the corner. Add some black silk ribbon and a large scallop oval and -- voila!

There you have it - between yesterday and today you see one set - and three background/border possibilities!

I'm surprised I'm even on a stamping kick -it's been so absolutely beautiful here in Big Sky Country weather wise - feels like spring! Hope that you are seeing some sunny skies and warm weather too! Thanks for stopping by & I'll see you back here soon!


Post a Comment