Monday, April 12, 2010

A wee bit busy lately!

Hey all! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'll have a card to show off in just a few but first... I have been kind of laying low in blog land this past week because we've been in the middle of a mini remodel project. We have been renovating an unfinished part of our basement into a home office. It's been a FAST project.

This is what it looked like a week ago... we were in the middle of painting....



Pretty rough around the edges....

And, just 7 days later, this is what the room looks like!







Thanks for bearing with me -- after all that hard work, I had to post pics! :-) The furniture arrives tomorrow, so I'll probably have to show another once my hubby's office is all together. It was tough because I wanted to pick a floral rug and fun accessories but -- he's a guy -- so I had to keep it more manly! LOL!

Ok... I have had a wee bit of time to create so.... without further ado... I just love watercoloring with distress inks. So, when I picked up this Alesa Baker image from Impression Obsession (Single Rose and Lavendar), I just knew I had to paint it up! I used Milled Lavendar, Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint inks. The paper is a mix of scraps from my decorative paper bins. I literally went "fishing" for the right colors after I was done. Then, I added some pearls, some stitching and... voila! Done! I love the fact that this card could be a real "any occassion" card. Perfect to keep in my stash!
Well, my friends, there you have it! Hope you have a wonderful start to your week! I'm going to have a BUNCH more for you starting Wednesday. Flourishes begins its sneak peeks for its April release! So.... stay tuned!
See you back here soon!
Post a Comment