Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Calling Cards.....

I have some fun news to share! Back in December, I got a pretty cool email from Dawn Gehring with Crafts 'n Things asking me if I was up for a Designer Challenge. The challenge would be to use business cards in a crafty way. Myself and three other designers were given the sheets of Avery Dennison business cards that you can run through your printer. Did you know they are a beautiful surface to stamp on? They just take the ink beautifully!


Well, the wheels started spinning and now - the April issue is about to hit the stands with these fun projects!


As you can see below, I chose to actually make the business cards into crafty calling cards! I even altered a tin as a decorative case that comes complete with a little bling! Recognize the stamps? None other than the Stamp Simply Thank You set by Flourishes! This is, by far, one of my all time favorite Flourishes set.


Here's a peek at the whole set...


And, this is how it fits inside my tin...

And, last but not least - this is what it looks like when you put the lid in place!
Want to find out how I did it all? You'll have to check out the April Issue of Crafts 'n Things. I even have a bonus project that shows a really fun way to create a great little gift that's a perfect stuffer for your purse! I'm honored to say there are a few other projects of mine inside. It was so fun opening the mail today and seeing the issue! Can you tell I'm jazzed?

Stick around, I'll be back with Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge -- let's just say -- this challenge will have you moving in reverse! (yep, that was your hint!) See you back here soon!
Post a Comment