Monday, February 16, 2009

A Dose Of Spring

Today was such a perfect day in my neck of the woods. The sun was shining, the "boys" (AKA DH and DS) were out shooting hoops and DD was tooling around on her scooter. Well, with a little spring in my heart I turned out this fun card. I even used a bit of watercolor which was fresh on my mind since my card Friday.

I stamped with my Palette Noir and then began to color using watercolor pencils and then blending with a blender pen. Scribble on the color and then blend it in! That's about it! Papers are a mix of Crate Paper and Basic Grey Urban Prairie. The "tag" was done with two sizes of oval Stampin' Up punches. Add some sheer ribbon and a fun scalloped edge and... voila - Done!

Here's a close up... I love this new stamp set from Flourishes - Signs of Spring. It was just released Friday and it will - for sure- be one of my spring time faves!

Hope you have a happy Monday! The kiddos are off school so I will be trying to cook up some fun!

See you back here soon!

26 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Thats a very pretty card, a great reminder that spring is just around the corner!

Norine said...

what a pretty card very springy(is that a word LOL)
Hugs
Norine

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Julie. That is a great stamp and you colored it so well. Great paper combo. Glad to hear you're getting some nice spring weather!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! Think it goes very nicely with your very kind heart and genereous soul. Hope your project gets lots of kids adopted, Julie.

Anonymous said...

How adorable this stamp is and your coloring is amazing...makes the sun wanna come out :)

Stacy Morgan said...

So springy and pretty Julie. Wonderful coloring! Enjoy your day!

The Rubber Maid said...

I love this card..the colors are all perfectly matched and the DP is so adorable. Very nice coloring
too. Mom

Anonymous said...

Julie ~ Check out my blog when you get a chance, so you can see what your sweet mother sent me!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you chose, and your fabulous coloring!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is so elegant! And coloring is amazing!

Denise said...

Very pretty, love the coloring.

Darlene said...

This is such an uplifting card!! You can send some of that sunshine my way, LOL. Awesome coloring and I really like this image ... I'll have to check out their new releases!!

Jennifer said...

Sooooo pretty and spring-like! I love it.

Anonymous said...

very very cool! wonderful coloring and the card looks like an envelope- that's it, i should make one just like that but envelope, hmmm?

dude....
Lovely

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful Julie!
Laura

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Julie! Your coloring is fantastic!

LeAnne said...

So sweet, love that BG paper and the image is perfect for spring!
LeAnne

Scrapping Donna said...

This is really nice. I love your colouring. Spring feels like it is here as well.

Janine said...

Hey Julie !!! Gorgeous card... just what we need right about now..
Yesterday was Family Day here in Ontario so had a great day just relaxing with the boys...

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is so sweet, that papers are fabulous, so perfect for Spring.

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful coloring. tfs

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is a gorgeous card, Julie. I love your coloring, and the DP is awesome. I'm sooo getting hooked on Basic Grey's papers, and I love this new Flourishes set. I'm sure I'll be purchasing it this week-end. :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Julie. I subscribe to your blog and love your stuff. This card is absolutely beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Super card, Julie. I love all those fresh colors!

Becca said...

just gorgeous Julie..I love the colours and the design adorable.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card!!!! I love the colors. Sure makes me think spring will soon be here!

Joan