Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stamp Simply - 2 challenges in 1!

Hi all! Well, last week I couldn't play along with the Stamp Simply gals (insert sad face here)! To make up for lost time, I decided to combine last week's with this week's challenge! The challenge last week was to use a monogram and this week --- black ink only! No colors!

So, here you have it! A monogram for Stamp Simply 74 and a little black in for Stamp Simply 75!

I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers for this one! It's my new favorite paper! The ink I used was Versafine Black Onyx with, of course, my monogram stamper! I used the Brayton alphabet set with my 1-5/8" wooden stamper. The "frame" was done with one of the borders from the Special Occassions set. Use a circle punch to trim it up, mat it on a larger circle that has been punched out and then add some ribbon and bling! Done! Super duper easy card! Ten minutes tops!

Want to see what other fun the Stamp Simply gals cooked up??? First check out the lovely Sharon Johnson HERE to see her fab work and get the official details and then, visit these fine ladies on their place on the web!

Heather, Dee, Tammy, Janine, AJ, Jennifer and Becky.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend!


p.s. Amy S. - you left a comment asking me to email you -- I don't have an email for you, so feel free to shoot me an email if you like! juliekoerber@bresnan.net. Thanks! ;-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Holy cow, I forgot to link you. I just copy and pasted last weeks! Adding you now! That was such a cool way of doing both challenges! WOO HOO!

Ashley Newell said...

REally beautiful Julie! I love that paper!

Janine said...

Fabulous Julie!! A twofer!!
Love it! Heading to a wedding tomorrow and then to celebrating my Mom's birthday on Sunday!!

Kim said...

Oh i love this! I think I am going to give this challenge a go! Been awhile since I only stamped in black! Beautiful card Julie! :)

Darlene said...

WOW ... aren't you the clever one! Combine challenges and end up with a bright, colorful, very uplifting monogrammed card! AWESOME!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Two great cards and I always forget to use mineral spirits so now I'll try and remember. TFR (that means thanks for reminding). Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! this is beautiful!! I love the paper with the monogram just classic.
Have a great weekend!

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Julie! I love that yummy paper too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! That's got to be my most favorite BG paper, ever!

Elena said...

So pretty! Love the paper you used!

Kay said...

I'm a monogram stamper addict - so I looove this one! And BG paper rocks EVERYTHING! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Nice combination of both challenges. That paper is just gorgeous, it sets off your monogram beautifully.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just LOVE this simple and fun monogrammed card -- GREAT card for both challenges -- I LOVE when you can kill two birds with one stone -- job well done!!! Love it!!