Thursday, February 12, 2009

Living In Color --- Sneak Day 2!

Get ready to put on some sunglasses for Day 2 of my Living In Color sneak peeks for Flourishes! When I saw this brand new -- I thought happy! I thought BIG celebration! I thought fun! So, I pulled out some of my brightest decorative paper to create a cute little gift card holder!

First things first, these images are part of a brand new set that will be released Friday at Flourishes called All Wrapped Up! It's a perfect little set for just about any occassion that you want to give a gift for!
I stamped the present a few times on different decorative papers and embossed with silver detail embossing powder. I then cut out the different pieces to paper piece my image. This image would be gorgeous colored up with Copics or watercolored but I just wanted to show how fun you can make it without even coloring it at all!

After I layered up my image, I added it to my giftcard holder, added the tag sentiment (that's also part of the set!) and then, I "blinged" it up with some silver pearls.

Here's a close up of the package.....
FYI: To make the card holder you start with a 5-1/2" wide by 8-1/2" long piece of cardstock and you score widthwise at the 2-1/2", and 6-1/2" marks. Fold it up , secure it and you're ready to add your card! I did add some scallops and a strip where I stamped my "Celebrate" sentiment (from the Summer on the Patio set).

Here's what the inside looks like....

Want to unwrap some of the other goodies the Senior Design Team created for today's peek? Just hop on over and see!
Jan Marie Caruso

Want to win an All Wrapped Up set of your very own? Just head on over to the Flourishes Newsletter, leave a comment on the day 2 post and--- you might just walk away with some blog candy! You'll also find details on how you can win all three of the new releases PLUS learn about our Friday Night Release Party! It's sure to be a blast!

I'll be back tomorrow with a breath of fresh spring air for day 3 of the peeks! Yep, that's your hint! ;-)

Until then!

23 comments:

Latisha said...

this is just so cool, fun and funky and I love it!! I really like that dp you used.
Last minute I changed my mind and made a new card lol...do you ever do that?
I love this set and the team is showing it off really well!

flourishes said...

So totally unexpected and a great AH momen...the selection of papers and the no color technique makes this one for everyone! Stunning Julie!
Jan Marie
1flourish

Norine said...

what a fun card really liking the new set
Hugs
Norine

Karen W said...

Just stunning, beautifully done!!

StampinCathy said...

This is so awesome. I just love the look of this and anyone would love to get a gift card like this.

Linda said...

I love this set! And your card is gorgeous! I like the idea of using patterned paper. Will have to try that one!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is freaking cute, I love how you did the bow and band with the glittery look. Very nice and thanks for reminding me about doing up some gift card holders. Mom

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Too cute! I love the silver embossing it really shines and the paper piecing is so perfect for the gift wrap! Awesome little gift card-card!

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm blind, I won't be needing all those kraft ATCs I bleached last night to color this weekend. Gosh, Girl, this is the Brightest, Most Stunning card that you have ever done! That bow is unbelievable (are you sure it's only silver detail embossing powder?). You waaay outdid yourself on this one and I thought yesterday was incredible. Will Friday do me in?

Pegg S said...

Love the embossing on this! The image is perfect for a gift card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is so fun and I love the shine! Your idea to paper piece is so cool, didn't even think of that one! Great colors and I like the GF you used. hee hee

Janine said...

Hey Julie!! This is FABULOUS!! The colors are amazing and I love that little tag!!
Great work! Have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for a gift card holder! I have this paper, too, and have enjoyed it, even as bright as it is. Your gift card holder is cute inside and out! I absolutely love the silver embossing on the paper pieced package. Great idea, Julie!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is beautiful, Julie. I love the colors you used, and all the glitz! Quite a package to receive, I must say! This set looks great.

Nancy said...

Oh my, another great peek! I love how you embossed the different pieces. Really makes it all shine!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Julie! Amazing! I love the gift card idea with this FAB present. I so love the releases so far... can't wait for tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Julie my dude:)
this is so awesome- it looks like tin foil or something. its so stunning!

-Lovely-

ChristineCreations said...

I love the embossing and piecing Julie...it really shows off the present so well. And a great idea to make it a gift card holder :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

WOW!!! GREAT gift card holder!

Kimberly Crawford said...

OOOOHHH!! LOVE this! Gorgeous colors!!

Jan Castle said...

great idea...and so different!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Packaged just so...another Flourishes beauty...Lovely Julie :)

Elena said...

Wow! This gift card holder is gorgeous! I love the embossing!
Thank you for sharing the instructions, Julie!