Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saluting the Sgt!

When I saw Jami Bova (sgtstamper on SCS) was the Featured Stamper this week over on SCS, I had to stand at attention! ;-) Then, I had to look through her gallery to find one to case for the challenge! There were so many fun things! But, when all was said and done, I chose THIS card.

I loved the shape of the card and the way the eyelet was off to the side. I also loved how the quote really took center stage.So, I grabbed one of my favorite Impression Obsession stamps and sentiments and went to town!




Isn't it fun? Don't mean to be an enabler about shoe shopping, but I tend to agree! I have actually designed outfits around fun shoes that I've picked up here and there!

So, to make my scalloped card - I, of course, used the ole Nesties to get my shapes. I stamped my sentiment and shoes in black and then stamped the shoes a second time on decorative paper and paper pieced it. Add some bling and a fun sheer ribbon off to the side and you're almost done! I used Cool Grey #1 Copic marker to shade underneath my shoe!

Since Jami and I are on the Shimmerz DT, I did add some sparkle to my shoe thanks to a bit of Candlelight Shimmerz!! Here's a close up!


If you haven't played along with the Featured Stamper challenge - there's no time like the present! Check it out HERE!

And, speaking of challenges, today is Tuesday-- which means another Timeless Tuesday over on the Flourishes Newsletter! It's a fun one!

See you back here soon!

15 comments:

Elena said...

Wow! This card is awesome! Love it!!!

Janine said...

FAbulous Julie~~ Love those shoes!

The Rubber Maid said...

Wish my body could still stand up to those fab shoes, the bones ain't what they used to be. Adorable card. Mom

Nancy said...

This card is too cute! I love those shoes!

Anonymous said...

Clean and Classy with the zing of bling! Well done! I, of course, gravitate toward sturdy boots, however, I can appreciate the finer things in life, like you and your art.

Anonymous said...

This is a really 'fun' card Julie...I love the shimmer and the image :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome card - Julie!!! Love the fab shoes with the sparkles!!! Perfect girly girl card!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just beautiful, Julie! Love the shape...LOVE the shoes...and LOVE THE SPARKLE! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so cute and fun shoes. great circle card too.

Curt in Indy said...

This is an adorable card, Julie! I love the color and the shoes you paper pieced are super! Did you know that Jami designed a stamp using my Gunther as an inspiration? Yep, it is being sneak peaked today. Come to my blog and see it. She did such a great job! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

I just have to smile at the sentiment! What a cute card! Love those shoes!

Shirley said...

I love it, Julie! Very very pretty!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Way cute -- I love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!! So many of my favorites on this...circle cards, sparkle, and shoes!!! Love it!!

Penny said...

Oh this is a fun card! I really love the shimmerz and the paper piecing - fabulous!