Friday, February 6, 2009

In Living COLOR!

This month on the Flourishes Newsletter the focus is all about COLOR!

The Senior Design team is kicking off the month by showing you ways you can be inspired by objects all around you! We picked what we thought is one of the most beautiful things in nature for an inspiration challenge today - and, here it is...

....a peacock feather! Don't you just love the shades of bronze, lime green, turquoise and that vivid royal blue? I know I do! So, how did I take this image and spark some creativity in my craft room??
When I found this paper at --- of all places-- the dollar store, I knew it had a perfect home. Doesn't it look like it was created for the tulip from the Stamp Simply Thank You set? I stamped my image in Burnt Umber Palette ink, and then.... I used some bleach to take the color off my Kraft colored cardstock. I wanted to make sure my colors were vibrant! Then, I used Twinkling H20s to give my flower an extra bit of sparkle!

Here's a close up! This baby really does shimmer in real life!

Add some brown satin ribbon, a ribbon slide, some bling and a fun sentiment and.... you're done! Here's one last peek!
Do you want to be inspired? Simply use the colors in the feather to make your own creation! This is actually a Flourishes challenge with prizes on the line! The winner of the random drawing will win all three of Flourishes new releases set to be unveiled a week from today! For all the details, just click HERE! Can't wait to see where this inspiration challenge takes you!

Happy Creating....


30 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow, what an unusual combination and it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I guess I better get busy and play!

Etha said...

How beautiful! the shimmering tulip really glows, wow.

Elena said...

Gorgeous card!!! The paper is perfect!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!!!

Crystal said...

Julie , that is a gorgeous card ! I love that background paper... what a find !

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!! Got a bleach pen and some H2Os and some kraft cardstock and lots of flower stamps (I love sunshine and flowers) and I can maybe try to do this one. You are always pushing me to go beyond what I am comfortable with. Thanks and Happy Weekend, Julie!

Norine said...

that is so pretty love the backgd paper also
Hugs
Norine

The Rubber Maid said...

What a stunning card, everything just goes together so beautifully.
Mom

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Gorgeous use of the colors in the challenge, Julie. Beautiful card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh that paper is so perfect for this set. I love the colors and great match to the feather. Beauitful card Julie!

Anonymous said...

The stamp and paper couldn't be more perfect together! Love the combination and your beautiful, shimmering painting!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous! Your flower pops and the colours and papers are so rich!

ChristineCreations said...

That paper is perfection Julie! And I love how you've achieved your color on the flower. A beauty for sure!

inlovestamping said...

Gorgeous!! I just love the color combo....Mother Nature sure know what she is doing!

Curt in Indy said...

Wow Julie. What a great interpretation of the color challenge! Such a classy card! Love the colors you picked! Best, Curt

Lovely gd Cee said...

i just want to sit down with you- even just one time and watch you stamp like this. i want to learn.and i wish i have your brain.

Nancy said...

Your little tulip is beautiful...and how perfect is that background DP! Gorgeous card.

Shelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Julie!!!

Diane said...

The dollar store????? Wow,that is some beatiful paper girl!!!!
Your card is amazing as always Julie!!!

Lee said...

Hi Julie!!! What a stunning floral beauty!! A wonderful take on that gorgeous peacock feather!! Obviously I must find a Dollar Store as I'm lovin' that dp!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome challenge and the card you made is both beautiful and perfect for it!! What alluring colors!
--Becca

Velta said...

Oh Julie ~ No wonder Flourishes has you! This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen!!! I have this set from Flourishes and you are enabling me to pull it out and make something beautiful...You are a true artist! Thank you for your sweet comment :)

Charmaine said...

Gorgeous card...I think I need to make a trip to the dollar store!

Charmaine

Janine said...

Absolutely perfect~~~

Latisha said...

what a cool technique! so so pretty!!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

Jamie Martin said...

Very pretty and they are wonderful colors.

Becca said...

beautifully done...love the colours...hello Julie hope all is well.

SBS05 sistah
Bela

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! This card is SO beautiful! I could look at it all day!!!! Stunning, Julie!!!!

Tanya said...

Wow this is so pretty! Yes the paper is fabulous!