Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thinking about summer....

Hi all! Because most of us have the winter dull-drums and need a dose of spring or even summer, the Impression Obsession Design Team decided to pull out all the stops and deliver some handcrafted flowers--just for you! We challenged eachother to use flowers in our cards today!

Well, right behind our house sits a very large field and in the summer, we get the most beautiful wild sunflowers. When I saw this new floral set from Impression Obession, I loved the "mod" look and I knew right away how I would color them up! (stamps will be on the IO website soon!)


I stamped my image with Palette Noir ink,and colored with markers that I picked up off a palette with a blender pen. I did add some light blue marker to outline part of the vase. Add some sparkles to the center of the flowers and .... almost done! I used the Curved Rectangle Nesties for my shapes. For the smaller rectangle, I left the die on my white watercolor paper and then sponged ink around the edges. I love the white edge it leaves that was masked by the die. I added some yellow polka dot ribbon and an punched oval tag that I added "for you" (also a part of this clear set) and.... voila! A little dose of summer flowers right here in February!
Here's a close up of the flowers!

Want to see what the rest of the IO team did with their flower power challenge? Click on these fab designers' sites!

Dina
Daniela
Deborah
Kelli
Laura

See you all back here soon!

10 comments:

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! And very beautiful coloring! Love the center of the flower, the dimension you created!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Julie. Love the sunny colors and your coloring is great, as always.

Norine said...

love the simple design very pretty card
hugs
Norine

Deborah March said...

Oooohhhh, LOVE those blues and yellows together Julie...what a perfectly GORGEOUS card!!

Laura said...

Perfect coloring. Love it!

Etha said...

Such fresh and beautiful spring colors! love those flowers, very pretty :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Julie, this card is so pretty. The colors are beautiful and I don't have that stamp!

inlovestamping said...

The blue and yellow look so pretty together! Beautiful card!

Connie

Heather said...

I love the softness of your colouring on the textured paper. The card does bring a glimpse of summer,which is nice because it won't appear here for a long time!

krcrafts said...

This is so pretty! Looks like Spring!