Thursday, February 19, 2009

IO DT Color Challenge!

Well the Impression Obsession girls are at it again. We got our team challenge this week and it was all about colors that I hardly ever put together -- orange and pink! I had to dig through my dp to try to scrounge up something and---- this-- is what I came up with!
I've had this stamp (from the Daisy Today set) for a while and can you believe, I've never inked it up? I love, love, love these flowers. I don't know what has been holding me back! So, for this challenge, I just knew I needed to break it in. Who doesn't love pink daisies?


This card was really quite simple! I stamped my image with Palette Noir ink, and then colored my leaves and stems with olive green watercolor pencils. The flowers were done by scribbling a light pink watercolor pencil on a scrap piece of paper and then picking up the color with a blender pen!

I also shaded parts of my flower with my Cool Grey #1 Copic marker.

After I was done coloring it and matting it up, (Daisy D and Bo Bunny decorative papers with Melissa Frances Ribbon) I gave my flower some bling! I painted it with Candlelight Shimmerz! It's my favorite Shimmerz of all time because, even though it is an ivory color - it doesn't really deposit any color when you paint it on in a thin coat. It just accentuates what color is underneath!


Here's a close up!
Well all, thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the rest of the IO gals and their fun orange and pink creations!

Michelle Giraud
Dina Kowal
Daniela Dobson
Deborah March
Kelli Richardson
Laura Fulcher
Tina Werner

I'll be back soon with another Stamp Simply challenge AND news about a fun tutorial that I put together using one of my favorite ways to color! So, stay tuned! You won't want to miss out on the fun!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Julie!! I find this color combo hard to work with, but you've really made it beautiful - love the shimmery daisies!!

Kim Ross said...

Julie, this is absolutely stunning! It's gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Julie, Beautiful card! I love Shimmerz, wish I had some to play with. Thank you for sharing!
I have a question for you and wondered if you would e-mail me so I can ask? I appreciate you taking the time to do so. ~Amy S.~

Kim said...

Oh I love it! This is one of my favorite colour combos! I love how you added shimmerz, I seem to be doing alot of that lately too! lol

Elena said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the Shimmerz!!!

Deborah March said...

SO beautiful Julie! I had the same trouble thinking about this colour combination, but the cards posted are wonderful aren't they? I guess I'll need to add these colours to my palette again in future! Yaaayyy Kelli for this challenge!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lookin good, you took the challenge and ended up with one beauty of a card. It turned out beautifully. Mom

tina werner said...

ooooh!!! very pretty!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous. I love this flower two, I can't believe you hadn't inked itup. Are you crazy. hee hee Beauitful shimmer to boot. Love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Love the colors, and I adore that stamp set! In fact, it's sitting on my desk waiting for me to ink it up! :-)

K said...

You must be among a very small number of people that can make any color combination work. If I put together orange and pink the bin would stand there with its mouth wide to accept whatever the outcome would be :)
Bye, Kitty

lisa808 said...

Very pretty. The Shimmerz really put the finishing touch on it.

Daniela Dobson said...

This is so pretty, love the shimmer. I have this stamp, too. I used it once. I do love those flowers.

Michelle Giraud said...

Julie this is just gorgeous!! Love the pearly sheen to the flowers.

Laura said...

Glad you inked up the stamp...it was well worth the wait! Great job adding the Shimmerz. It was the perfect touch.

Jaymerz said...

These flowers are so pretty, I would probably never put orange and pink together but it is beautiful!!

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done Julie! Sometimes it helps to go thru our stash to see what's there...LOL! If I don't use it, I forget I even have it!
Jan

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Very pretty card, Julie. Glad you showed the Shimmerz.....gorgeous. I placed my first order with IO yesterday and I like their stuff.

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, I love the colour on the flower. Kim

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Very Pretty!

Michelle Woerner said...

Very pretty Julie! For not liking the colors, you sure rocked it! Hugs,

Stacy Cohen said...

I love all your beautiful cards, Julie! I look forward to getting to know you better on the Shimmerz team!

Anonymous said...

Wow...This is beautiful...I have got to get me some of this shimmerez...It really DOES make a difference :)

Etha said...

ohhhh that is so p retty! I adore this color combo, many summer flowers shine in orange and pink, totally impossible combo. love the shimmerz on this!