Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Did you have a FAT Tuesday??

I did!!! :-) I actually REALLY did. I have a good friend who is quite the chef. She called me late Tuesday morning and says.... Are you home? I say "Yes" and she responds, "I'll be right over." Well, this nice lady knew my polish heritage and made me Packzis for fat Tuesday! Bless her soul!

Here's a peek! they were filled with a fruit filling that tasted like a mixed berry. It was very, very good! I can only imagine how long these took in the kitchen. Making them, from what I've been told, isn't easy!!

Well, in light of yesterday, I made a card for another dear friend, Jan Marie Caruso (who is one of the owners of Flourishes) because today is her BIRTHDAY!!!! When I think of Jan, I think of a spirited woman who has a lot of ties to New Orleans. So, in honor of her special day, I made her a card truly fitting for her! I picked up my Flourishes Mardi Gras set (truly a fun set!) and the wheels started spinning!

I stamped the silhouette in black ink on some distressed pink paper from the Bittersweet Basic Grey collection. Then, I grabbed my Inkssentials pen and started to highlight parts of the "marchers" shirts to make it pop. I also colored the horn with my Zig fine tip gold pen. Add some sparkle to my umbrella handles with a Stardust Gelly Roll pen and you're almost done!

Here's a close up!I used the Bittersweet paper for the base of my card and also made a tag out of the pink with the "You Stand Out In A Crowd" sentiment (Impression Obsession). The punch is from Martha Stewart and the bling is from Kaiser. Add some black and white sheer ribbon and... fini!

Hope you have a fabulous birthday Jan Marie!

Thanks everyone for stopping by! I'll see you all back here soon!



Post a Comment