Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a timeless kind of Tuesday!

Hi all! The Friends of Flourishes blog team is taking over the Flourishes Newsletter today to usher in a bit of a challenge. In fact, it's going to be a weekly event with different things for you to tackle! It's called - Timeless Tuesday!

Today, Cindy Haffner headed up the challenge and told us to simply make a card with a swirl or flourish! So.... I did!

I used the new Home Tweet Home set for my tree limb and bird and then stamped the bird again in order to pop it up on my card! The Flourish is actually in the background with the Damask background in blue on my blue decorative paper piece. I used a corner punch, added some bling and some ivory satin ribbon and... done! I used Tombow markers with a blender pen to pick up the color to color the bird. For my branch and leaves I used Rich Brown and Bambo Memento inks. The sentiment on the bottom was also stamped with Rich Brown. I also sponged the edges of my main image with some Antique Linen Distress inks.

Here's a closeup of the birdie!

Want to find out more about the challenge? Click HERE for the official rules and to see what the other blog team members cooked up!

Happy Tuesday!
Post a Comment