Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saluting the Sgt!

When I saw Jami Bova (sgtstamper on SCS) was the Featured Stamper this week over on SCS, I had to stand at attention! ;-) Then, I had to look through her gallery to find one to case for the challenge! There were so many fun things! But, when all was said and done, I chose THIS card.

I loved the shape of the card and the way the eyelet was off to the side. I also loved how the quote really took center stage.So, I grabbed one of my favorite Impression Obsession stamps and sentiments and went to town!




Isn't it fun? Don't mean to be an enabler about shoe shopping, but I tend to agree! I have actually designed outfits around fun shoes that I've picked up here and there!

So, to make my scalloped card - I, of course, used the ole Nesties to get my shapes. I stamped my sentiment and shoes in black and then stamped the shoes a second time on decorative paper and paper pieced it. Add some bling and a fun sheer ribbon off to the side and you're almost done! I used Cool Grey #1 Copic marker to shade underneath my shoe!

Since Jami and I are on the Shimmerz DT, I did add some sparkle to my shoe thanks to a bit of Candlelight Shimmerz!! Here's a close up!


If you haven't played along with the Featured Stamper challenge - there's no time like the present! Check it out HERE!

And, speaking of challenges, today is Tuesday-- which means another Timeless Tuesday over on the Flourishes Newsletter! It's a fun one!

See you back here soon!
Post a Comment