Friday, July 17, 2009

Flourishes Focus --Highlights of White!

Hi all! Time for another Flourishes Focus! I have to tell you, one of the little tools in my arsenal of stamping stuff is a gel pen that is just $3 but honestly, packs a lot of punch. It's one of Faith Hofrichter's favorites and that's why she is the hostess over on the Flourishes Newsletter showing you how she uses the Inkssentials pen!

Here's my card!

I started by stamping my Strawberries with permanent black ink and then coloring them up with these Copic collections:

After coloring and blending, I took out the Inkssentials pen and went to town! I wanted to give my image a bit of whimsy and add some white highlights. Now, if you look closely, you'll see I didn't add any on my large berries, just on the leaves. And, artistically, they aren't really in highlight areas. But, that's ok. I just wanted to add a little pop in places!
Here's a close up so you can see!
I like the whimisical effect it gives! Do you want to see what the other members of the DT created with their Inkssential pens? Just hop on over to see.....
And, don't forget to visit Faith over on the Flourishes Newsletter for her wonderful tutorial!
I would say I will see you back here soon, but I am headed east to visit my mom and some of my other stampin' buds for a weekend of girl time and fun! I'll be incommunicato for the next few days! So, enjoy and I'll be back next Wednesday for a special *sparkly* project with the other gals of Flourishes!

8 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card.

Norine said...

love this card the red is so pretty
Hugs
Norine

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful coloring and that bow is gorgeous!

Jenny Gropp said...

the white highlights really add! Great card -- these strawberries are tempting me everywhere!!!!

NancyK said...

I just love this card - it make me feel happy! Nice touch with the white pen!

Stacy Morgan said...

yummy! Oh these look so good! I like the white highlights and your ribbon bow is fabulous.

Silke Ledlow said...

Super yummy-licious card - Julie!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!! Hugs ~S~

Darlene said...

Oh My Gosh ... this card is just GORGEOUS!!! And truly Yummy ...

Your cards are always such an inspiration ... keep up the good work!!