Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's a Celebration!!!

Hi all! TGIF! Today is a special day over at Flourishes! This week Flourishes turned two years old and because of it, they have set aside the entire month of August to celebrate! There's a BIG announcement set for tomorrow on the Flourishes Newsletter detailing all the fun... so be sure to check it out! Some even say it's an announcement that you'll FLIP over!!

Today, the entire design team along with some of our Friends of Flourishes cooked up creations to honor this special day! Be sure to check out their fabulous and festive handiwork... Christine Okken, Cindy Lawrence, Faith Hofrichter, Latisha Yoast,Laura Fredrickson, Leslie Miller, Stacy Morgan, Jan Marie Caruso, Dee Jackson, and Silke Ledlow. Guess what? You can play along too and there is a free set of your choice on the line! You can check out all the official details - HERE!

So, here's my creation! I just love the new BasicGrey Lemonade paper pack. It's so fun and festive! So, naturally I wanted to reach for that and my Birthday Celebrations set for this creation!


This one is really quite simple! Layer up some paper, use a 1-3/4" circle punch to create your window in your card, add a decorative edge punch, some sewing, some paper peircing and.... the fabu cupcakes! I stamped one cupcake and then made a few masks to add the others. I used Vivid Chocolate and Tea Rose inks and then topped off the cupcake with some Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue and some hot fix crystals. The sentiment was done thanks to the Sweet Violets set! I LOVE those sentiments!

This card also qualifies in a round about way for this week's Stamp Simply challenge courtesy of the fabulous Sharon Johnson! This week's challenge is.... Lace! You might be scratching your head wondering where the lace is on my card! Well, I searched my craft room high and low for something lacy and it hit me -- this edge punch is called.... Apron Lace! So, there you have it my friends - my interpretation! :-) You can click HERE for all the official Stamp Simply details! And, don't forget to hop around and see all my Stamp Simply buds who cooked up something fabulous -- I am sure!

Rose Ann, July Guest Designer
Janine is taking this week off — have fun, Janine!
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny

Thank you so much for stopping by and making my place a part of your day! It makes me smile! See you back here soon!

22 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Love your *apron lace* and I love that Lemonade paper Julie! A very fun birthday card!

Amy said...

I am in love with this new BG paper. I made up a bunch of cards with it last weekend and I'm going to Archivers this morning to buy more! Your card is BEAUTIFUL Julie!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC Julie!! Love all the delicious colors used here and yes, your "apron lace" border should qualify quite nicely! What a happy, happy creation ... awesome!! Have a great weekend!!

Cammie said...

What a happy card! Happy Birthday, Flourishes..!

denise g. said...

Ok, GREAT card! LOVE that bright and fun paper! It's Friday and I'm feeling generous, so I'll let your idea of "lace" pass this time. And I'm still LMAO over the fact that you think I should try a recipe and let you know how it went. My sister was coming over on Wednesday and I offered to cook. Her 13yo asked her to bring him food and she told him I was making dinner. He said, "no, seriously, bring me something from Culvers". It took several not going out to eats til he relented. Oh and I made breakfast for dinner (french toast and bacon ~ yum!) and we're both still alive to talk about it! Happy Weekend!

Carol said...

You always make the greatest cards and this is another favorite! I love the colors of the dsp, the luscious ribbon, and those cute little cupcakes sitting in the window! Beautifully done!!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a happy card with such bright and cheery colors and the bow just does the trick . Love it! Mom

Cindy Lawrence said...

So very pretty, Julie! Love the sweet colors and lacy border! :)

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty, Julie!! I LOVE the mix of fun papers and colors!

Rose Ann said...

I love your little cupcakes in your punched window, and your papers are so pretty!! I love your perfect bow and your lacy edge too!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Julie, what a spectacular design! LOVE how bright it is, and of course I love that Apron Lace border! Awesome card, and congrats to Flourishes on the big birthday celebration!

Unknown said...

What a lovely b-day card!! I can't wait to FLIP tomorrow :):):)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is as cute as can be! Love the paper and ribbon and the perfect apron lace border. What fun!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - Julie - this card is so fun!!! Perfect birthday card!!! Love the DP and the yummy cupcakes!!! I had so much fun playing along with you guys :)!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Traci M said...

I think it looks like lace...wonderful pretty card for two challenges! I love that paper also!

Latisha said...

We were thinking the same thing...love this card and that dp!!
hugs
latisha

Diane said...

Very pretty, and love your take on the lace...perfect!

Liz Williams said...

Congradulations to the whole crew at Flourishes! May you celebrate even more years together.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Julie! Love your colours and the little window is genious...fabulous way to add the image with interest!

Stacy Morgan said...

So very cute and fun Julie! I like the papers and lot and your masking of the cupcakes is cool!

Alex said...

This is so bright and fun Julie!!! I have missed stopping by and seeing your beautiful work since I went back to work full-time!! Now that I have some semblance of a schedule, I hope to be back to regular blogging! This card is really really cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is so totally FAB, Julie - I love it!!! A happy card -- lots of fun!!! And PERFECT lace!!! LOL!!!