Monday, July 6, 2009

Impression Obsession gets.... shimmery!

What happens when Impression Obsession stamps collide with Shimmerz Paints? Well, you're about to see! The IO gals are making Shimmerz shine this week with a peek at some newly released stamps and some old time favorites

For my card, I wanted to ink up these candy jars by Leigh Hannan. They just really remind me of those old fashioned candy shops that I used to go to as a kid! Remember rock candy? Gosh, you can hardly find it anywhere any more!

Here's a peek at my card!

I stamped with Brilliance Black ink on white card stock ,heat set and then started coloring with a mix of Copic markers and watercolor pencils. After that, I sponged on some Antique Paper distress ink (Ranger) and then.... the fun began!

I colored over the green sections with Key Lime Shimmerz. The lids of my jars were colored with Silver Bells Shimmerz. The rock candy was colored with spots of Opal Shimmerz. I wanted to add some chunky glitter on top of that, so I grabbed some Icicle Stickles just to add a bit of texture. This is one sparkly candy jar!

Here's a close up so you can see how the Shimmerz looks on the candy. I love how light weight this paint is. It just glides on and is transparent enough that it adds color without taking away from your image underneath!

You can also see I added some Crystal Lacquer to my gumballs to make them all shiny.

After you color it up, add a sentiment .. Every day with you... and mat it up with the help of some Nestabilities, Basic Grey Lemonade, and a fun button and.... done!

You'll have to head on over to the Impression Obsession blog to see what some of the other DT members cooked up with IO and Shimmerz!

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Kim Ross said...

This card is terrific, Julie! Love the shine on the candies! :)

Janine said...

Hi Julie... FAbulous... What a great image...

Have a wonderful day!

The Rubber Maid said...

Super cute card...love the added shimmer and glimmer, I say "how sweet it is". Mom

denise g. said...

I come back from vacation and I stop by here and I'm blinded by the shine! WOW!! Really great card, Julie. Hope all is well in your world, even though I didn't get that far west THIS year.

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute! That is great shine and sparkle to the candies. What dp is this? Its totally fun!

Barbara said...

Love all that glimmer and shimmer, Julie! This is just too cute!

Kim Dellow said...

Very, Very gorgeous. I just want to eat one of those sweets. Kim

Shirley said...

Loved this from the minute I saw it! How absolutely neon beautiful! The colors are striking and not too! Great art as always!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie-

I love rock candy, and buy it every time I can find it
*tee-hee* These colors are perfect!
Thanks for all you do!!
Blessings~~Danielle Wycough

Daniela Dobson said...

Julie, I love this! The colors are awesome and I love the Shimmerz!!!

Connie M. said...

mmmmm!! This card is just sooo yummy, Julie, and you were able to capture the shimmery look in your picutre too...that is so hard to do most of the time! Wonderful!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

oh my gosh that's so pretty!

Norine said...

love the card and the sparkle
Hugs
Norine

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Hot damn!! It's reminds me of a Vintage Candy Land game board! Love it!!!~

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, I love this!!!

Debbie Nelson said...

Adorable card...love the colors!

Ali Manning said...

I love your candy jars, Julie - they look good enough to eat!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW -- lotsa shimmer going on here! What a great card and image for Shimmerz!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

A totally yummy and inviting creation! I love it!